LJS

Hello Kamado Peeps,

Has ana awesome weekend.

My friend did a low and slow leg of lamb on the Webber kettle and left it in sauce with the aim of enhancing the gravy. It sure did and pulled apart beautifully on the rolls, he also did not use any wood just natural spices.    

So I had to do a cook myself. Went to this new meat shop (meat emporium Sydney) and the selection and quality is really good. I walked out over budget and decided to do some pork ribs a monster pcs.

Spice: Pepper, salt, garlic, mustard, onion, paprika, sugar and cayenne pepper  

Wood: Cheery and 1pcs pecan

3 2 1 method – full proof as always, some 5-6 hours later yummy

Keep smoking ….

r1.JPG

r2.JPG

r3.JPG

r4.JPG

r5.JPG

r6.JPG

Y'all gots Akrons over there? Kule! 

Wine killing me, though I gave it up for Lent. Gotta switch over to the scotch dude. LOL! 

Nice cook and I especially appreciate the recipe and pics! 

Great presentation. 

I got a 12v PID off Amazon and hooked it to a little computer vent fan that fits perfectly in the lower damper port! 

But since then I have lost control of the grill. Every time I try to get it to lower the temperature, even a little bit, it goes out! 

I believe it has nothing to do with the controller but I am going to attempt a low and slow cook without it to see what happens. 

C'Ya! 

23 hours ago, lnarngr said:

Y'all gots Akrons over there? Kule! 

Wine killing me, though I gave it up for Lent. Gotta switch over to the scotch dude. LOL! 

Nice cook and I especially appreciate the recipe and pics! 

Great presentation. 

I got a 12v PID off Amazon and hooked it to a little computer vent fan that fits perfectly in the lower damper port! 

But since then I have lost control of the grill. Every time I try to get it to lower the temperature, even a little bit, it goes out! 

I believe it has nothing to do with the controller but I am going to attempt a low and slow cook without it to see what happens. 

C'Ya! 

Thanks guys,

I have no problem holding a low and slow heat for 8-9hours at 300F I struggle a little after the 2.5 hours mark burning at 212F I normally got to open vents and then let the heat pick up and close it down again. I don’t have a Kamado Joe but I am really impressed and happy with the Akorn.

I have also looked at the controller but decided against it and to keep it real – my perspective

18 hours ago, AntinOz said:

Yup, plenty of Akorn's over here (I have two). Reallly nice looking ribs, totally ruined by that green can ;-)

Thanks AntinOz - It was really hot so perfect for green 

:good: