Finnish version of Neapolitan pizza

kurwaslobo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a fantastic thread, thanks for starting it @kurwaslobo.

1. what dough recipe are you using?

2. Besides not needing the heat deflectors, any other benefit of the biscotto di sorrento?

3. I have a Big Joe, and although I can get to pretty hot temperatures, my gasket suffers, any tip?

4. I am very interested in you method of heating: first 350, then wait until stone reaches same temp as dome, close vents and then fully opening again?

kiitos!

13 hours ago, dathzo said:

This is a fantastic thread, thanks for starting it @kurwaslobo.

1. what dough recipe are you using? 

- 100% Caputo Cuoco flour, 65% RT water, 2-3% salt and yeast

2. Besides not needing the heat deflectors, any other benefit of the biscotto di sorrento?

- It handles high temperatures very well, bottom wont burn. it is same stuff as pizza ovens are in Napoli.

3. I have a Big Joe, and although I can get to pretty hot temperatures, my gasket suffers, any tip?

- No unfortunatly

4. I am very interested in you method of heating: first 350, then wait until stone reaches same temp as dome, close vents and then fully opening again?

- Lots of quebracho charcoals and couple chunks of oak for the flames which made more dome temperature. Upper and lower vents are fully open all the time except when i want a slow down dome temp, i just close top vent one line and when stone temp is about same as dome temp then i slide top vent fully open again.

13 hours ago, dathzo said:

kiitos!

6 hours ago, kurwaslobo said:

thanks a lot!

A couple of questions regarding the dought: What about the amount of yeast? And fermenting times/temperature? I supposed RT in the water stands for room temperature?

I have contacted https://www.fornostenugnar.se/ and they are able to ship to NL, which is great!

Thanks again

4 hours ago, dathzo said:

thanks a lot!

A couple of questions regarding the dought: What about the amount of yeast? And fermenting times/temperature? I supposed RT in the water stands for room temperature?

I have contacted https://www.fornostenugnar.se/ and they are able to ship to NL, which is great!

Thanks again

1kg flour and 1-2g dry yeast.

2h bulk RT then i cut dough to the balls and 24-48h CT fermentation then 2-3h RT and pizzas are ready to bake.

This stone is awesome

On 8/31/2020 at 9:40 PM, kurwaslobo said:

1kg flour and 1-2g dry yeast.

2h bulk RT then i cut dough to the balls and 24-48h CT fermentation then 2-3h RT and pizzas are ready to bake.

This stone is awesome

Roger that, clear. 

Many thanks again