Jump to content

Finnish version of Neapolitan pizza


kurwaslobo
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a fantastic thread, thanks for starting it @kurwaslobo.

1. what dough recipe are you using?

2. Besides not needing the heat deflectors, any other benefit of the biscotto di sorrento?

3. I have a Big Joe, and although I can get to pretty hot temperatures, my gasket suffers, any tip?

4. I am very interested in you method of heating: first 350, then wait until stone reaches same temp as dome, close vents and then fully opening again?

 

kiitos!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, dathzo said:

This is a fantastic thread, thanks for starting it @kurwaslobo.

1. what dough recipe are you using? 

- 100% Caputo Cuoco flour, 65% RT water, 2-3% salt and yeast

 

2. Besides not needing the heat deflectors, any other benefit of the biscotto di sorrento?

- It handles high temperatures very well, bottom wont burn. it is same stuff as pizza ovens are in Napoli.

 

3. I have a Big Joe, and although I can get to pretty hot temperatures, my gasket suffers, any tip?

- No unfortunatly

 

4. I am very interested in you method of heating: first 350, then wait until stone reaches same temp as dome, close vents and then fully opening again?

- Lots of quebracho charcoals and couple chunks of oak for the flames which made more dome temperature. Upper and lower vents are fully open all the time except when i want a slow down dome temp, i just close top vent one line and when stone temp is about same as dome temp then i slide top vent fully open again.

 

13 hours ago, dathzo said:

 

kiitos!

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, kurwaslobo said:

 

 

 

thanks a lot!

A couple of questions regarding the dought: What about the amount of yeast? And fermenting times/temperature? I supposed RT in the water stands for room temperature?

 

I have contacted https://www.fornostenugnar.se/ and they are able to ship to NL, which is great!

 

Thanks again

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, dathzo said:

 

thanks a lot!

A couple of questions regarding the dought: What about the amount of yeast? And fermenting times/temperature? I supposed RT in the water stands for room temperature?

 

I have contacted https://www.fornostenugnar.se/ and they are able to ship to NL, which is great!

 

Thanks again

1kg flour and 1-2g dry yeast.

 

2h bulk RT then i cut dough to the balls and 24-48h CT fermentation then 2-3h RT and pizzas are ready to bake.

 

This stone is awesome

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/31/2020 at 9:40 PM, kurwaslobo said:

1kg flour and 1-2g dry yeast.

 

2h bulk RT then i cut dough to the balls and 24-48h CT fermentation then 2-3h RT and pizzas are ready to bake.

 

This stone is awesome

Roger that, clear. 

Many thanks again

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...