Finnish version of Neapolitan pizza

kurwaslobo

On 9/8/2020 at 11:02 AM, kurwaslobo said:

Yes it is. Njuda, mozzarella and san marzano pizza

Hello @kurwaslobo. I ordered the biscotto di sorrento from https://www.fornostenugnar.se/ and it will arrive this week, exciting!

Before attempting a cook at 450-500C, do I need to do something with the stone? Maybe "cook" it al lower temperatures gradually? Any tip is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
On 12/21/2020 at 10:58 AM, dathzo said:

Hello @kurwaslobo. I ordered the biscotto di sorrento from https://www.fornostenugnar.se/ and it will arrive this week, exciting!

Before attempting a cook at 450-500C, do I need to do something with the stone? Maybe "cook" it al lower temperatures gradually? Any tip is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi you need to dry it. Like keep it on 125c like 5h

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

Great thread for pizzas on kamados :)

I ordered a biscotto di sorrento stone from the Finnish website after all the great pizza pics on this thread! I have a Kamado Blaze, so operation will be a little different than with the Kamado Joe and wanted to ask for your opinion as I'm sure you've tried several things.

I was thinking of placing a heat deflector at the bottom rack, and setting the pizza stone on top of the upper grill rack. That way the heat deflector will keep direct flames away from the pizza stone, whereby hopefully the pizza stone will reach the same temperature as the dome.

My only worry is if the heat deflector at the bottom would keep the pizza stone from reaching those high temps, and if that would mean I'd have to have it running for a long time before getting that temp. What are your thoughts?

I've added an image which could explain what I mean with my setup at this link.

Thanks.

On 3/25/2021 at 10:32 AM, Blaze said:

Hi everyone!

Great thread for pizzas on kamados :)

I ordered a biscotto di sorrento stone from the Finnish website after all the great pizza pics on this thread! I have a Kamado Blaze, so operation will be a little different than with the Kamado Joe and wanted to ask for your opinion as I'm sure you've tried several things.

I was thinking of placing a heat deflector at the bottom rack, and setting the pizza stone on top of the upper grill rack. That way the heat deflector will keep direct flames away from the pizza stone, whereby hopefully the pizza stone will reach the same temperature as the dome.

My only worry is if the heat deflector at the bottom would keep the pizza stone from reaching those high temps, and if that would mean I'd have to have it running for a long time before getting that temp. What are your thoughts?

I've added an image which could explain what I mean with my setup at this link.

Thanks.

Hi,

You dont need heat deflectors with Biscotto stone, but you must dry it before first use because stone is wet. Like 5h or more in the oven with low temperature 200f or 250f.

Just place the stone to the rack and it's ready to use You can use some wood chunks with charcoals to create better flames to get upper temperature

117701368_10225227027241375_321923757104702847_o.jpg