JOEtisserie Accessory

Goodfella

I couldn’t resist and had to order it. Atlanta Grill Co ships fast. I plan on doing some wings today. I will post how easy it is to clean. Here are some pics for a size comparison to the Napoleon. Not sure if one is bigger than the other. 

B4E48795-ADAA-4EAE-BD05-7AF620E41CD7.jpeg

72F1F92F-73CC-455C-8770-8E61D2E6CCAF.jpeg

My first impressions of the Kamado Joe Basket Set is this thing is heavy duty. Not cheap construction at all. Also another thing I like is that there is no guessing to center it on the JOETisserie. I usually have to adjust my meat on once on the grill to center it over the fire. This is already centered. 

3 hours ago, Goodfella said:

My first impressions of the Kamado Joe Basket Set is this thing is heavy duty. Not cheap construction at all. Also another thing I like is that there is no guessing to center it on the JOETisserie. I usually have to adjust my meat on once on the grill to center it over the fire. This is already centered. 

I did a cook in the flat basket today.

Wings turned out great. It is easier to clean than the Napoleon. You just have to soak it for a little bit and all the baked on grease comes right off. Some of the paint did flake off. Not sure if this is a big deal or not. 

Kamado Basket

Positives

- heavy duty

- well engineered 

- slightly larger than the Napoleon 

- easier to clean

Negatives

- more expensive than Napoleon 

- wings stuck to the sides (will try extra grill spray to see if condition improves)

- paint flaked after one cook