JeffieBoy

Who knows what retirement brings . . .

They have laid about 95% of the driveway stones now.  Holy old f@#$!  That sucker is huge!  A quick crunch in my head indicates that in a pinch we could park 8 cars for an overnight party... plus three on the patio around the corner (The old driveway pavers). And possibly two in the garage.  All this to create a place to store my boat. Jumpin’ Jiminy!   Told my wife that we should be considering angled parking for our two vehicles.

Yeah, this is turning out to be so much more than we ever visualized.

Friday May 22.  The contractor basically wrapped up as far as they could go today.  Waiting for a sub to finish the soffit, fascia and downspouts, the electrician to do his part and the windows and door will follow when production allows.  Sodding is complete, pavers trimmed, and set, and most small details done.  

We will be spending the weekend planting the two gardens, prepping for patio furniture that will be delivered next week and power washing where possible.  We will have a minor list of deficiencies to submit, but that should only be just a few items needing correction.  My wife is ecstatic seeing it with the sod in place.

More photos will be taken tomorrow.

6DB7C8F1-E014-4BCD-BECD-6D60B6665C30.jpeg

Agree, looking great! Love the big stone blocks. Makes me want to do some upgrades to our home, we've talked about several but never pulled the trigger. When we visited our daughter in St. Catharines last summer, I was impressed by the lawns in her neighborhood, and now yours. Those Northern lawns look beautiful!

9 hours ago, O C said:

Those Northern lawns look beautiful!

Ah, a Brock girl!  Good school.  

This lawn is titled, “Two day old sod”.  It’s been most of our savings and we gave the contractor a massive cheque for a deposit the day before the pandemic was declared, so we can't go back.  What the heck,  roll the dice.

After spending most of the day yesterday doing touch up painting, soaking the sod, pressure washing,prepping for plants, etc - here is what I saw this morning at 5 minutes to six.  Yes,  that's smoke!

064B19BB-36AB-42F8-9633-D993D28ABD92.jpeg

Still have some cleaning to do inside the patio room, but I think I can get used to drinking my morning Cuppa out here.  The room is about 20 year old.  The best part is the look on my wife’s face every time she walks out back.