KamadoChris

Dessert pizza ideas?

It’s my sons 8th birthday today and we were going to have company from out of town, but we decided everyone should avoid travel for the time being. So now I have 6 pizza dough balls proofing and only half the people to eat them tonight. I started thinking about trying a a couple dessert pizzas. Wondering if anyone has any good easy toppings they have had success with?  Was thinking about cinnamon streusel, maybe a s’mores style?  Or am I just looking to burn the sugars?  Normally cook 600-650°. Any ideas appreciated on short notice!

What temp did you use? Have you tried pre baking the pizza dough then adding the toppings? The smors looked fantastic and sounds just as good.

19 hours ago, len440 said:

What temp did you use? Have you tried pre baking the pizza dough then adding the toppings? The smors looked fantastic and sounds just as good.

6 pizzas was a stretching my heat a bit.  By the last pizza I was nearly out of lump and temp had dropped to about 475.  Not ideal, but for that one I did pre-bake the crust for about 2 minutes, then spread on the nutella and put the rest of toppings on, and then put back in for about another 4 or 5 mins until everything had melted.  Due to the low heat my crust on that one didn't brown up but it was still good.  Pre-baking worked well though I would do it again.  It's pizza for dinner tonight, only doing 3 pies so I will have lots of heat so may try the smores again.  Kids definitely loved that one.