Brazed Lamb Shanks and Beans

I have done this cook for years and posted it more than once, so I will skip the detailed description. Basically, fry bacon, pull it, and then sear the flour dredged lamb shanks in the bacon grease. Add 1/2 cup of chicken broth, white beans, carrots, celery, onions,  2 bay leaf, 6 all spice berries studded in the onion, and a tsp of Spanish smoked paprika.  Add some dry white wine as necessary during the cook as liquid evaporates.  Just putting it on the grill now at 350. Probably goes 2 1/2 hours. Perfect day for it cold and rainy with a prediction of snow tonight. No special occasion, just trying to make the best out of being house bound, as most of the restaurants, pubs, and such we like to go to are closed or take out only.

IMG_1225.thumb.jpeg.da3c3ebac8fb12d23b430049e00f7f38.jpeg

IMG_1226.thumb.jpeg.45a02d70ab1c0bdf1dbdb0a24f95671a.jpegA

All prepped and seared just waiting for the grill to hit 350 with clear smoke. Follow along if you're interested. Oh and I forgot to mention also throw in kosher salt, cracked pepper, and about 12 garlic cloves.