Can't leave my house so I bought a KJ

veryzer

Hello All,

I live in Illinois which just declared a shelter in place, so I took the opportunity to buy a KJ Classic II from the Atlanta Grill Company for 20% off, along with a joetisserie and pizza stone....I'm not messing around. It should help me pass the time when it arrives in about a week. I'm an inveterate researcher so this wasn't a capricious purchase for me. I've done the comparison shopping, watched several of Mr. Setzler's videos, etc. because this is a lot of money for me. Anyhow, any tips or sources to hasten my progress would be appreciated. (I also ordered a cover, onlyfire ash basket, and the cookbook by Chris Grove.)  

Welcome to you and your soon to arrive new KJ II @veryzer!  I can’t think of a better way to pass time during a shelter in place order than to get to know your new kamado.  Lots of great people and information around here to give you a great head start on your journey!  

Well Sir, confined as  we may be, there is no law (I know of) that stops us from eating well. Enjoy your new grill and. the forum conversation as well. You will learn, through experience, that a Kamado is a truly wonderful cooking device. Your purchase. while, without a doubt, was expensive will pay you back in spades. I truly doubt anyone here will contest that Kamado truth. Welcome and happy cooking. 

Here's my favorite thing about kamado cooking:

IT'S FUN! 

You will want to cook stuff for the sake of cooking and getting it right. With guidance from this site you will get it right. The kamado will enable you to prepare wonderful meals. So many delicious things you can make. 

Have Fun!