Reverse Sear Ribeye - Kamado Joe

I thought I'd care a great cook experience with you all that I just had.  I have a Kamado Joe Big Joe III and I reverse seared some USDA Prime Ribeye's that I picked up at CostCo today.  I used the flexible cooking system and used one half of the heat deflector plates and left the other half open to flame.  I seasoned the steak in the Meat Church Holy Cow seasoning and let them sweat out while I got the grill to temperature. I set big reg to 225 for smoking and it took about an hour (give or take to get the ribeye's to about 120 degrees. After that I opened up the Big Joe and let her rip to about 500-550 degrees and then seared the steaks for about three minutes aside.  I also made a compound butter consisting of rosemary, Italian seasoning, fresh garlic, salt and pepper.  After searing, I took tented the steaks in foil and let the compound butter melt on top.  Lastly, I did some twice baked potatoes in the oven.  All that said, the pictures speak volumes compared to this brief description.  This is probably the best steak I've ever cooked.  Just wanted to share.  Thanks to everyone that's continued to help me on my journey in Kamado style cooking!

IMG_1133.jpeg

IMG_1134.jpeg

IMG_1136.jpeg

That looks so doggone good! 

I have been using my griddle too much! 

Time for some steaks on the Akorn! 

At least the next time I see any. 

Good Luck everyone! 

May God bless us all.