JeffieBoy

Lunch in the time of Covid...

When the grocery store has a bunch of very ripe tomatoes, what do you do?  Make my all time favourite August lunch!  Toasted Tomato Sammies (with a side of Guinness)!  lotsa Salt, Pepper and Mayo. Yum!   

What are you having for isolation lunch on this beautiful Sunday?

CEB4CCF5-2BB8-4B6B-8831-DF8AB24D80CD.jpeg

Would love to have the tools to make pasta.  I know, I know...

With all of the bars and restaurants closed here except for take-out, my S-I-L’s Distillery/Restaurant has been pretty much shut down.  It turns out that they are offering fresh pasta, sauces and a beautiful sourdough bread to enable.  Needless to say tonight we did a meal of Cavatelli & Rigatoni with Caesar Salad and a bottle of red.  Self isolation isn’t so bad after all and we are helping keep our kids in business!

https://www.facebook.com/drinkwillibald/

21 hours ago, JeffieBoy said:

Would love to have the tools to make pasta.  I know, I know...

I don’t think you need a whole lot of tools to make pasta. Flour, water, eggs, a prep surface, and a knife, and you can do it!

there was a good episode of fat, acid, heat, salt (don’t know if I have the order right) on fresh pasta making. No need for a fancy pasta machine.

I know, I know. . .  As my sister (who made pasta at cooking school in Italy) tells me, “the old ladies in Italy have been plugging in their pasta machines for generations. Stop being so lazy and just do it.”  Since we live three blocks apart and are both housebound, perhaps I can get her to give me a lesson.

On 3/23/2020 at 7:57 PM, Chris Topher said:

I don’t think you need a whole lot of tools to make pasta. Flour, water, eggs, a prep surface, and a knife, and you can do it!

there was a good episode of fat, acid, heat, salt (don’t know if I have the order right) on fresh pasta making. No need for a fancy pasta machine.

Don’t forget to add rolling pin to roll pasta dough to desired it thickness.  Good pair hands and good prep surface no problem doing by hand.  Just takes more time, ie kneading, rolling and cutting.