Headshrink

Golden’s Cast Iron Cooker

Been researching kamado cookers for quite some time and I’m looking to purchase in the near future. I grill about 5 times per week for 5 people year round. I’ve looked at the “big two” cookers and feel I’m very well versed in similarities and differences between the two.  I came across Goldens a bit ago and go back and forth.  
   The prices between the three are very comparable. Golden’s is an awkward size for accessories but I’m realizing the only accessory that I’d miss is a rotisserie and discovered that the “Chinese” kamado are a similar size and their rotisserie should fit. 
   So I guess my question is, why don’t more people purchase a Golden’s Cast Iron cooker over a Joe’s or Egg given that warranties and prices are near identical and the added durability that cast iron affords?

It might have something to do with the lack of a marketing effort.  I'd never heard of them until I read your post.

For years Kodak was the number one selling camera film because they had what marketing people call "Top of the Mind Awareness."  What's the first facial tissue that comes to mind?

Posted (edited)

I heard about them about three years ago, and was interested in their small kamado but Kamado Joe offered a deal on the Jr and I could not pass that up! And like @pmillen said lack of advertising hurts them but kamados are not what were they make their money so if they sell them its gravy.

Scott

Edited by Scott Roberts

Those are boss grills. Kind of expensive and oddball compared to the ceramics. Cost no object I believe I could be very happy with one. 

Good Luck and please keep us posted on how you find it, if you purchase one.