24 Hour Brisket

20200326_092701.jpg

20200326_093424.jpg

20200326_093552.jpg

Want a perfectly cooked brisket?  Wanna know exactly when it's gonna be done?

Take any size brisket you want... set your grill up for 190°F.  Cook it in the smoke for 12 hours.  Wrap it and put it back on for 12 more.  Rest it for an hour or two and then serve.

33 minutes ago, lnarngr said:

I love science fiction, Sir! 

Prep the brisket as you would any other.  Put it on your Akorn at whatever low temp you would normally be able to achieve.  Cook it there until your bark is set or around 160-165ish internally.  When it gets there, wrap it up in foil and put it in your indoor oven at 190f.  Put it on a sheet pan to keep it from dripping into your oven... give it an additional 12 hours in the wrapped stage.

I did this with two packer briskets a while back on my offset. When they developed bark and were well into the stall,

I put them into aluminum pans and covered them with foil. They went into the oven at about 210 to 225

overnight and into the next day. They turned out great. I pulled them out of the oven and let them rest for about

an hour, then sliced into them and we enjoyed a great meal. The meat was tender and moist. I've used this

technique successfully with pork butts too. It's also a good way to hold the meat if your meal time is a moving target.

• 2 weeks later...

20 years ago that was the standard in the big heavy tiled Kamados.  24 hours for brisket and 36 hours for pork butts.  We didn't wrap until the last 4 hours of the cook.  The K7 could run 36+ hours on a single load of lump @190-200.  My current large BGE can't do that.

21 hours ago, Family_cook said:

20 years ago that was the standard in the big heavy tiled Kamados.  24 hours for brisket and 36 hours for pork butts.  We didn't wrap until the last 4 hours of the cook.  The K7 could run 36+ hours on a single load of lump @190-200.  My current large BGE can't do that.

Day-Ummm! 

That's phenomenal! 

Nearing sous vide durations! 

• 3 weeks later...