Best at bat in base ball ever?

keeperovdeflame

• 2 weeks later...

Nicely called.  He hit that so easily it looked like it was just a soft single from the outfield view.

That said, as a Jays fan . . . 

WAMCO!  For the whole thing!  Still brings tears to my eyes.  Was at the game and my hearing still hasn't returned fully.  

On 3/28/2020 at 12:02 PM, keeperovdeflame said:

Many say this is the best at bat, most say this is  truly the best play call ever. A little enjoyment in a time of COVID19 trial for us all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4nwMDZYXTI&feature=emb_rel_end

Just an all around 'how not to pitch' sequence from perhaps the greatest reliever ever. Am I mistaken, or did I not see one brush back pitch? A pitch to put Gibson on his behind. Gamesmanship demands you... ... "tweak" that knee a bit.

I grew up watching Bob Gibson, Nolan Ryan, Juan Marichal, Tom Seaver, Roger Clemons, Pedro Martinez. The inside of a plate is supposed to belong to the pitcher. It's amazing looking back on the chases toward 70 home runs, how comfortable they all looked at the plate, No one ever knocked them off balance. It's one of the many reason I don't love the game like I used to.

Today, the majority of pitchers who will brush back a batter are not necessarily doing it on purpose. They're just wild... :-D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...