How Can I Tell if My iKamand is Version 2?

social assassin

Hi,

I was hoping someone could tell me how I determine if I received version 2 of the iKamand.  I just received it in 3/30/20 directly from KJ and used it for the first time today.  I updated the software to V 1.0.54.  I experienced several problems during my attempt to smoke a pork shoulder.  First, three times it over shot the temp I set in the app by an average of 11%.  Then the app notified me that the pork was at my target temp of 203.  I then used my Therma-Pop thermometer to confirm and found that the roast was only 185 - 187 in four different areas.  Obviously way off my target.  All this is why I’m concerned that they shipped me version 1 of the iKamand.

I would appreciate any help you all can provide.

Take Care & Stay Safe!

Pablo

• 1 month later...
On 4/3/2020 at 12:05 PM, social assassin said:

I would appreciate any help you all can provide.

Take Care & Stay Safe!

Pablo

Hi Pablo,

The version 2 does not have a metal vent slide for adjusting idol air flow, it has been replaced with a flap over the fan.

This should easily tell you which version you have.

Corey..

• 1 month later...
On 5/31/2020 at 9:43 PM, CoreyKnogg said:

The version 2 does not have a metal vent slide for adjusting idol air flow, it has been replaced with a flap over the fan.

Thanks Corey for posting that...after watching @John Setzler's videos on the iKamand, I thought I got a defective unit and emailed KJ tech support.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, CoreyKnogg said:

You're welcome, hope it's settled for you.

I still have a problem...I can't get the food probe to register on the iKamand, and I keep getting the error message "probes not inserted correctly" even though they are fully inserted. As a technical writer, I have to say that the manual that comes with the unit is pretty lame.

On 7/24/2020 at 3:48 PM, Dobro Dane said:

I still have a problem...I can't get the food probe to register on the iKamand, and I keep getting the error message "probes not inserted correctly" even though they are fully inserted. As a technical writer, I have to say that the manual that comes with the unit is pretty lame.

I have had issues with the probes and the same error message.  I was able to get KJ to replace them.

• 1 year later...