First pizza cook

I'm not one to hold back on the constructive criticism as I expect no less from anyone else....

...so, looks all right, but thinking your bottom temp was pretty good, but not the top-down?

Can you post a pic of what your setup looks like?   Without a pic, just a guess, but I'm thinking you need to up your overall temp a little, RAISE the cooking surface higher, while also maybe protecting / keeping a close eye on the bottom...it can  be a tricky balance to find.

i.e.  bottom looks great, but top looks under-cooked a bit...but really hard to say from the pics and without a taste.  No browning/charring on top of crust which is what I would want.

2 hours ago, SmallBBQr said:

I'm not one to hold back on the constructive criticism as I expect no less from anyone else....

...so, looks all right, but thinking your bottom temp was pretty good, but not the top-down?

Can you post a pic of what your setup looks like?   Without a pic, just a guess, but I'm thinking you need to up your overall temp a little, RAISE the cooking surface higher, while also maybe protecting / keeping a close eye on the bottom...it can  be a tricky balance to find.

i.e.  bottom looks great, but top looks under-cooked a bit...but really hard to say from the pics and without a taste.  No browning/charring on top of crust which is what I would want.

Constructive criticism is always welcome. Put the grate in the upper position with the heat deflector sitting on top.  Had 1.5 inch sockets between the deflector and the pizza stone. Crust was actually pretty crispy.  Went conservative so I wouldn’t burn the pizza on the first cook