Hepp! Do Ribs Stall?

Incorrect spelling intentional. 

Three racks of babyback ribs I have cooking hit 165° but started back down and have most recently been hovering between 159 and 160°.

These were put on about four hours ago! 

The single time I opened it to verify the temp it lost a couple more degrees but recovered pretty quickly. 

I recognize that the bend or probe test is utilized for doneness but as a guideline they should get over 190°, I believe. Real-time they're currently 164° and climbing, finally!

Anyone have any ideas? 

54 minutes ago, BrianAZ said:

with ribs, temp is only a guide. Cook to tenderness. 

Agreed, but isn't there a relatively high threshold for ribs? 

I think they are "ready", but nowhere near fall off the bone. I am going to give them a while longer. 

1 hour ago, lnarngr said:

Agreed, but isn't there a relatively high threshold for ribs? 

I think they are "ready", but nowhere near fall off the bone. I am going to give them a while longer. 

On only rib cook so far, with 3 full racks, cooked slow and low, I pulled some off at 5 hrs, and more off at 5.5 hrs.  Probably could have gone 6 hrs for true "fall off the bone".

I don't know what the meat temp was, but the Kamado temp was at 250 degrees.

40 minutes ago, dman said:

What temp are you running? I have never checked the IT of ribs. I think once pork passes 145 it’s safe but double check that. 

You're correct. 

They came out alright. Pull off the bone. 

I stick a toothpick in the several places in the ribs to check for doneness if it feels like butter than your golden. Most important thing, the ribs are done when they say so timing them is just a guideline. I  never had bad ribs off my joe or when i used my gas smoker . Some were just better than others