First Dinner on the Deck this year

It is beautiful here, we probably had our last snow a couple of weeks ago  and temps are on the rise, with a number of trees in bloom. Just a wonderful celebration of Spring,  If it weren't for the fact we are in the middle of dealing with a pandemic with all the restaurants at take out only, no Spring baseball, and even the  tough high desert  folks wearing face masks and staying 6ft from one another in the grocery stores so they will lessen the chances of catching this modern plague. Trying to make the best of it, my wife and I had our first dinner on the deck the other night. Grilled Rib Eye and Mexican Corn. It was probably around 60-61 degrees so my wife wrapped up in a blanket, but in general a good time was had by all. 

IMG_1266.thumb.jpeg.0a92bb5fe4ccaf2f684cbaad122c9afb.jpeg

IMG_1267.thumb.jpeg.250bea1c2af52726c37f6d8ef1f16cc7.jpeg

Sure looks good, both the meal and your deck! There's too much pollen in my yard to try anything similar, hopefully soon though.

Interesting how you slice the rib eye before serving. I do that with NY Strips, but have never done it with rib eye. I'll have to try it next time I grill a rib eye; it makes quite a difference with NY Strips.

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Sure looks good, both the meal and your deck! There's too much pollen in my yard to try anything similar, hopefully soon though.

Interesting how you slice the rib eye before serving. I do that with NY Strips, but have never done it with rib eye. I'll have to try it next time I grill a rib eye; it makes quite a difference with NY Strips.

Yeah, I like to do it that way. I buy whole a whole prime rib and then cut the individual steaks myself. I cut much thicker steaks than normal market cuts. After grilling I let the steak rest and then cut very thin slices with an Asian knife, dredging each slice in a board sauce before I plate it. IMO, it makes a prime rib eye, even more tender, and flavorful. Besides my wife really likes it served sliced, so that's how I do it. 

So jealous tuesday we had 1 inch of snow wife refused to sit out side and eat the ribs i made She admitted to being a good weather deck diner.You can't beat a grilled rib eye steak, yours look great. Doing a 2 bone prime rib roast tomorrow.Rain or shine or snow.