Sign in to follow this  
Ribeye

Cracked brand new Joe

Hi guys - new member - and looking forward to lots of informative and fun chats!

Just unpacked my brand new classic iii and the lid is cracked - I’m devastated! Hopefully KJ/retailer will get it sorted quickly, but anyone else had problems with cracks including down the line. How fragile are they??

072C6419-D8E8-4718-977B-DB6E3906FBF1.jpeg

45BECD62-9353-4871-A6FD-6EA4327129A9.jpeg

This most likely happened during shipping. They aren't that fragile and after they get to the area you'll be cooking and leave it there you more than likely won't have any other issues.

33 minutes ago, Ribeye said:

Thank you! Do you keep yours outside all year round?

I do. most of us do. like Mto said, once ya got it settled ya wont need to worry.

still looks charcoal worthy to me if you are gentle. pour some in. spark her up. eat.

On 4/10/2020 at 8:41 AM, Ribeye said:

Hi guys - new member - and looking forward to lots of informative and fun chats!

Just unpacked my brand new classic iii and the lid is cracked - I’m devastated! Hopefully KJ/retailer will get it sorted quickly, but anyone else had problems with cracks including down the line. How fragile are they??

072C6419-D8E8-4718-977B-DB6E3906FBF1.jpeg

45BECD62-9353-4871-A6FD-6EA4327129A9.jpeg

I’m dealing with the EXACT SAME THING!!! Mine is in the same area too. It was very fine when I unpacked. I did two cooks and it got worse each time. It took KJ several days to respond but they said they don’t know when I’ll receive a replacement. Have you grilled yet and if so did it get worse???