Country Style Burnt Ends

I got this idea from a video @Team402posted. Thank you for that B)

I had some country style ribs and thought this would be something a bit different. Will definitely do this cook again. 

Country style ribs poked with peach balsamic vinegar, added some BBQ RUB, then low-n-slow at 230*. Pulled at a IT of around 150*. About 2 1/2 hours. 

crbe1.thumb.jpg.a6a67b9cb2b9cac508b48758a0b93b56.jpg

Chopped them into 1" squares and put in a dish. Sprinkled on SOME more rub, mapple sugar (courtesy from a friend in Canada), two different BBQ sauces, and some butter. 

crbe2.thumb.jpg.bf0e83e2887b59f7f1116e5348f93ab3.jpg

Covered in foil then back on the Komodo Kamado at 300*. After an hour or so more dinner is ready. Yummy. 

crbe3.thumb.jpg.c3057e90b9b6a9293bed2b9d2ad4c7cd.jpg

4 minutes ago, willys1 said:

Have some of those in the freezer. I know what I'm making some night this week!

You won't be sorry. This will be my preferred method for country style ribs going forward. So many possibilities for different flavors. 

8 minutes ago, len440 said:

Just finished off a rib eye steak from my 600 degree joe classic and now you've made me hungry again. Time to see if i have some of these in the freezer. Looks fantastic

Thank you len440. Mrs skreef loved them. She told me way better than the country style ribs I cooked a couple of weeks ago. Delicious!!! 

I brown them on the stove then simmer in sauce till tender. Your way i won't have to skim off the rendered fat. Plus everything is better off a grill This is definitely on my to do list for this week. I might even sneak out of lock down and get some maple sugar.One advantage of living here is we  have lots and lots of  maple trees + amish = syrup,candy, and sugar. Fresh maple syrup is so good 

2 hours ago, len440 said:

I brown them on the stove then simmer in sauce till tender. Your way i won't have to skim off the rendered fat. Plus everything is better off a grill This is definitely on my to do list for this week. I might even sneak out of lock down and get some maple sugar.One advantage of living here is we  have lots and lots of  maple trees + amish = syrup,candy, and sugar. Fresh maple syrup is so good 

My friend from Canada not only sends me Mapple Sugar from Canada but also Maple syrup from Canada. 

B)

This method is by far my favorite method of preparing country style boneless pork ribs. In my opinion the secret to getting that candy like shell on the meat is to use just enough sauce to coat all the pieces but not so much that it is sitting in a pool of sauce while it finishes. The butter and the steam from inside the cover pan will add the moisture and the brown sugar kisses it with just enough sweetness. 

I've been thinking about how I can change up that recipe to give the meat a little snap when you bite into it, kind of like a TootsiPop had... candy shell & soft middle. Maybe coating the pork in honey as a binder for the seasoning before putting them on the smoke.