KJ ant BJ's

I just got home from doing some shopping at my local BJ's and they had a KJ Classic on the floor for sale, as well as KJ Big Block Lump. If they continue to carry this, I won't have to order it online anymore. Yeah!!

3 hours ago, Old Aviator said:

If I keep my mouth shut I just look dumb; if I open it and say something I prove I am. Oh well, what is BJ's? If there is one near Providence Forge there may be one near here despite my ignorance. Thanks

BJ's is a warehouse club, like Costco.  There is one in Mechanicsville, nothing is close to Providence Forge, lol. I don't know if there are other stores in VA but they have many stores down the coast.

As retfr8flyr said your closest store is in Mechanicsville, followed by Richmond and Hampton (next to Bass Pro).

Here at the Beach Lowes sells KJ Big Block also if you want to avoid membership dues.

15 hours ago, retfr8flyr said:

I just got home from doing some shopping at my local BJ's and they had a KJ Classic on the floor for sale, as well as KJ Big Block Lump. If they continue to carry this, I won't have to order it online anymore. Yeah!!

If you don't mind my asking, how much does BJ's want for a 20lb bag of KJ Lump? Lowe's  wants just this side of $25 for a 20lb bag and it cannot be ordered online. Mechanicsville is over an hour away from here but it may be worth a 2 1/2 - 3 hour round trip to buy some in bulk if the price is right. Thanks

The price I saw was $17.99 for the bag. I thought that was a great price, as I just paid $20 per bag on the Costco sale but that was shipped to my door. I just hope this isn't a temporary item for them, so I can get it whenever I need it. 

That is the best price I have seen but I'd have to weigh the cost of membership against the savings and the high probability that I wouldn't go that often for anything else. Unfortunately for me, the local ACE Hardware only sells Cowboy and BGE lump and the BGE is over $30 for a 20lb bag of charcoal that is consistently very disappointing, in my opinion, whereas the reviews on KJ Lump are consistently good.

Oh well, it is obviously a personal problem and I'll need to see the Chaplain.

OA,

No visits to the Chaps/Padre required you should also be able to get Rockwood from your Ace store. If not in store they can order it and then you can pick it up.
IMHO its a better option than both Cowboy or BGE lump.

It's evidently up to the individual Ace store owner regarding what they stock and my closest store has only Cowboy and BGE. One person owns three Ace Hardware stores within a reasonable travel distance from me and I have sent an email through the "Contact Us" button and requested that they carry KJ lump at all three stores, but we'll see. If he decides to carry it but prices it near the $30+ they ask for BGE , I'd buy it if I was in a pinch, but I would much rather travel a long road trip every now and then and buy 10 bags at a time @ ≤ $20/bag.

I had to go back to BJ's today, to pick up an online order from my wife. I saw they had changed the price on the KJ Lump to $19.99 a bag. Still a good price but not as good as the original one I saw. Who knows, it could have been the price of something else and I just mistook it for the KJ.

On 4/25/2020 at 12:29 PM, Old Aviator said:

It's evidently up to the individual Ace store owner regarding what they stock and my closest store has only Cowboy and BGE. One person owns three Ace Hardware stores within a reasonable travel distance from me and I have sent an email through the "Contact Us" button and requested that they carry KJ lump at all three stores, but we'll see. If he decides to carry it but prices it near the $30+ they ask for BGE , I'd buy it if I was in a pinch, but I would much rather travel a long road trip every now and then and buy 10 bags at a time @ ≤ $20/bag.

I think most Ace can get Rockwood lump

On 4/27/2020 at 6:32 PM, retfr8flyr said:

... changed the price on the KJ Lump to $19.99 a bag.

FWIW, I bought a bag today at that price, minus a $2 no-clip coupon, so $17.99 in Rochester, too.

Frank