My BGE is a large model that is about 10 years old.  The band on the hinge rusted out and broke yesterday.  Can I find a single band for replacement?  Do I have to replace the entire hinge assembly?  Is the new hinge assembly better than the old?  YOU opinions and suggestions are welcome.  Any non-BGE replacement parts that fit?  Thanks.

Doubt you will find a single band but never really searched. I just put the new band on one of my LBGE’s. Jury is still out on it. Its designed in such away that the lid does not open as much as other designs.

On my other LBGE I still have the generation 2 hinge and bands the one with the hinge lever lock. Worst design ever. 
My SBGE has the Gen 4 hinge and bands which I like.

The hinge and bands have come along way since the old gen 1’s which were a bayonet hinge and super thin bands. I just gave a set of those away to a gent in GA over in the green room who was trying to restore a pachinko parlor egg.

Hopefully someone in the know will chime in about a single band.

Hear you, the bands on my LBGE are old as the hills stretched out of shape and  probably ready to break as well. The bolts on my bands and hinge are almost bent into L shapes. I have been fiddling with the new style hinges down in my local BGE dealer, True Value. They have a little laterial movement in them, and as Vanole said they don't open quite as wide. However, unless you find some remote deal on Ebay or something like it, I think they are the only game in town, as I don't think either old bands in a full set or as singles are available from BGE. . I am going to send in some pics and try to get the Mother Ship to send me some on warranty.With a broken band,  I don't think you will have any issues with the warranty process, so you might as well give it a shot, like em or not free is not a bad price. I would call Bruce in customer service at BGE and see what he recommends.  Best of luck. 

Thank ;you for the responses.  I checked on warranty and was told that part only had a five year coverage.  I'll just replace the entire hinge set, not cheap, but finding or making a band is too time consuming.  Thanks again.