Ihaveworms

Trying to contact kamado joe support

I created a support ticket on the Kamado Joe site on the 23rd of April about how my firebox is cracked. It has been cracked for years and it is finally at a point that it needs to be replaced. It has been over a week and I never heard back, so I forwarded the ticket number to their email (consumersupport@kamadojoe.com). I got an automatic reply with:

"This is an automatic reply from an account that is no longer monitored. Please update your company records as this account will be deactivated soon.
Consumer/Customer's will need to submit a "Support Request" through our website https://www.kamadojoe.com/pages/contact for further assistance.
"

So now I am wondering who do I need to contact to get warranty support?

12 hours ago, Chris Topher said:

Why post here and not call kJ directly?

I tried giving them a call and it is just an automated voice message saying their phone support is closed at this time and to use the email support.

I know exactly how you feel. I’m not too thrilled with their CS. I created a ticket 3/10 and on 3/16 I got an email stating they’d send me a new air hinge since mine is apparently bent not allowing lid to sit flush. That’s the last I’ve heard from them even after a few replies to their email. Still nothing. I know these are unprecedented times but this is pushing 2 months and costing me money by allowing all my charcoal to burn up since it won’t seal. Not to mention temp control issues. Hope you have better luck with your issue. 

I tried calling support today and got the same "phone support is closed at this time" message.

I'm having the same issue. I created a support ticket and got an email for a replacement dome back on March 24, but haven't gotten it yet, and nobody is replying to the support email thread I had with them anymore. Phone support is suspended, and when I try filling in the form again I keep getting an error on the date purchased field.

I sympathize also. But, I wonder if everyone is aware that the country has been shut down for the better part of 7 weeks? Even before the age of social distancing, working from home and furloughs there was a period of time for them to respond and for certain items to be shipped, especially if they are on backorder. Amazon's two day gaurrantee has gone out of the window and projected dates on most anything you buy online may be days or even from from the order date. Let's consider that KJ is affected also.

15 hours ago, CentralTexBBQ said:

I sympathize also. But, I wonder if everyone is aware that the country has been shut down for the better part of 7 weeks? Even before the age of social distancing, working from home and furloughs there was a period of time for them to respond and for certain items to be shipped, especially if they are on backorder. Amazon's two day gaurrantee has gone out of the window and projected dates on most anything you buy online may be days or even from from the order date. Let's consider that KJ is affected also.

While I agree, radio silence is not the way to handle the situation.  The automated email message when creating a ticket still says "we will respond within 24 - 48 hours."  They could do a little better with communication if they're just way behind with a backlog of support requests.

16 hours ago, CentralTexBBQ said:

Really? I hadn't noticed. :roll:

When I contacted KJ, they initially replied very quickly and validated my dome crack issue and created an order number for it. They also said it would take 3-5 days to ship. This was in March. I have had zero response since then even after I replied several times to their emails. The real burn with it all is that I separately bought after my warranty claim some items from KJ, and those items were shipped and received quickly. That's when I came here to see if others had issues, and obviously several are.

I reached out to them on Facebook Messenger yesterday with my case number and someone replied eventually and said I would get an update by tomorrow.

@nobius please let us know how it turns out. I’ll take that route as well if it’s not just another deadend from KJ.
Funny how BGE hasn’t had this issue for the past 7 weeks! I’ve contacted their CS twice on separate occasions and had no issue, even got a replacement screen for my Mini Max a couple weeks ago. I’ve also purchased from ThermoWorks in the same time frame. As a matter of fact, I purchased several bags of KJ lump from KJ and it was delivered in a timely fashion. I reckon if you ain’t spending money with them they’re shutdown!!! 

Hey guys, new to the board here. I too came onboard looking for assistance with a customer service problem. I own a GASJOE grill installed in my new house by the builder 7 yrs ago.( I know, they don't taste 'natural', but they sure are easy/fast to light.) I've been needing new internal parts and when I requested help/recommendations 12-18 months ago they didn't respond at all. The parts have corroded more to where it is probably not safe to use now. I understand that some of the parts needed are under a 15 year or lifetime warranty. I also understand they no longer make this grill.   I asked again for help in getting parts twice the last 2 months and only get the automated response with a case#. I understand companies have cut back with C-19 but they have never responded to multiple requests to customer service over the last couple years. Does anyone know a contact with management/president so hopefully I can get a response to see if they have any parts or can recommend a brand/site where adequate replacements can be found, even if they do not honor the warranty.   

Hi deadeye, welcome to kamado guru.  There is no affiliation with kamado Joe with this board.  You would be better off using contact information found on their website.  Written letters work miracles in many cases.

Stop by our introduction section and introduce yourself.

Thanks philpom for the response.  I understand this is not part of KJ but with as many members as you have, maybe someone has had a similar experience and knows how to contact the president.  I am trying to avoid further correspondence with customer service, which has been extremely disappointing so far,  so I can communicate directly to management to give them a chance to respond before I report them to GA. Consumer Protection Division. 

59 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

Hey guys, new to the board here. I too came onboard looking for assistance with a customer service problem. I own a GASJOE grill installed in my new house by the builder 7 yrs ago.( I know, they don't taste 'natural', but they sure are easy/fast to light.) I've been needing new internal parts and when I requested help/recommendations 12-18 months ago they didn't respond at all. The parts have corroded more to where it is probably not safe to use now. I understand that some of the parts needed are under a 15 year or lifetime warranty. I also understand they no longer make this grill.   I asked again for help in getting parts twice the last 2 months and only get the automated response with a case#. I understand companies have cut back with C-19 but they have never responded to multiple requests to customer service over the last couple years. Does anyone know a contact with management/president so hopefully I can get a response to see if they have any parts or can recommend a brand/site where adequate replacements can be found, even if they do not honor the warranty.   

If you're looking for parts for that grill, a start might be to find out it's original manufacturer or who manufactured  it for Kamado Joe, and go from there in locating parts for it.