Ihaveworms

Trying to contact kamado joe support

4 hours ago, Deadeye said:

Hey guys, new to the board here. I too came onboard looking for assistance with a customer service problem. I own a GASJOE grill installed in my new house by the builder 7 yrs ago.( I know, they don't taste 'natural', but they sure are easy/fast to light.) I've been needing new internal parts and when I requested help/recommendations 12-18 months ago they didn't respond at all. The parts have corroded more to where it is probably not safe to use now. I understand that some of the parts needed are under a 15 year or lifetime warranty. I also understand they no longer make this grill.   I asked again for help in getting parts twice the last 2 months and only get the automated response with a case#. I understand companies have cut back with C-19 but they have never responded to multiple requests to customer service over the last couple years. Does anyone know a contact with management/president so hopefully I can get a response to see if they have any parts or can recommend a brand/site where adequate replacements can be found, even if they do not honor the warranty.   

If customer service isnt getting back to you, i doubt the president of KJ is going to answer your calls...

UPDATE: Heard back from KJ on Facebook, and they are telling me that they won't have it until early July

I am very sorry for the misinformation. I realize you were given an immediate timeline but, the part was not in our warehouse. That said, all aspects of the company are affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and we are waiting for a shipment from the factory and they have just recently lifted restrictions to begin manufacturing and shipping again. I do not have the full unit, to pull from, or the part to ship. I am unable to make the timeline shorter than July. I am very sorry for the inconvenience and pray you and your loved ones have remained safe through this difficult time.

I responded that they have it for sale on their website and they should pull the dome from there.

5 hours ago, nobius said:

UPDATE: Heard back from KJ on Facebook, and they are telling me that they won't have it until early July

That said, all aspects of the company are affected by the COVID-19 pandemic

:shock:

On 5/15/2020 at 5:46 AM, Talon65 said:

@nobius, lmao, and if they have to take one apart for your dome perhaps they can send me the hinge from it!!! 

I’ll take it!

(they didn’t reply to my suggestion btw)

Just found this forum.  Building a new home to finish in November including bbq center in back yard.  Brother in law is a fan of BGEs but had heard good things about Kamado Joe so I'm assessing this option.  Leaning towards KJ Big Joe II.  Need unit specs so guys building bbq center can include the correct dimensioned dropped space for standalone at correct height, size, and clearance to open.  Can't find detailed specs or build plans on KJ site so tried to call KJ, then left message with customer support on May 8th.  Said would get back to me within 72 hours.  No contact for 7 days.  Sent an email again and they said yesterday that they didn't have this sort of detail but would see if they could find someone in house who knew the unit dimensions.  A bit concerned as this is easily found for BGEs but fortunately haven't spent any $'s with KJ yet.  Have seen both in person (bbqs are essential in Washington State apparently :-)) and still like build quality and options of KJ.  

Any suggestions short of me taking another trip to the store with measuring tape, swagging the diameter, height at opening with standalone feet option (units in store are all on stands), etc?    

Welcome to kamado guru.  I'm sure someone here could give you the deminsions of their grill.  Disappointing that KJ can't give you deminsions of their own product.  I'm hearing that customer service is going down hill, parts seem to be on backorder and don't fit when they arrive......  I wouldn't want to step in to that.  On the other hand for the premium price you get a few extras and a rain proof top vent.

1 hour ago, Mikeu said:

Just found this forum.  Building a new home to finish in November including bbq center in back yard.  Brother in law is a fan of BGEs but had heard good things about Kamado Joe so I'm assessing this option.  Leaning towards KJ Big Joe II.  Need unit specs so guys building bbq center can include the correct dimensioned dropped space for standalone at correct height, size, and clearance to open.  Can't find detailed specs or build plans on KJ site so tried to call KJ, then left message with customer support on May 8th.  Said would get back to me within 72 hours.  No contact for 7 days.  Sent an email again and they said yesterday that they didn't have this sort of detail but would see if they could find someone in house who knew the unit dimensions.  A bit concerned as this is easily found for BGEs but fortunately haven't spent any $'s with KJ yet.  Have seen both in person (bbqs are essential in Washington State apparently :-)) and still like build quality and options of KJ.  

Any suggestions short of me taking another trip to the store with measuring tape, swagging the diameter, height at opening with standalone feet option (units in store are all on stands), etc?    

Try this out:

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/bb96df_b4a9a23245fd4a3085f5bcb069245581~mv2.jpg/v1/fill/w_669,h_906,al_c,q_85/bb96df_b4a9a23245fd4a3085f5bcb069245581~mv2.webp

2 hours ago, Mikeu said:

Contact Gary White at Atlanta Grill Company - 770-993-6686.  If he doesn't have the information you need he will know where to get it.  He is the largest KJ dealer in the US and he also sells outdoor kitchen packages.  

Chaluk - Any chance you have the same for the KJ Big Joe II?  This appears to be for the Classic (US - 18" diameter).  The big joe ii is 24" diameter which is equivalent to approx 61cm.

Building up in Rio Verde (a bit east of Scottsdale.)  Wife is originally from Phoenix, empty nesters, building retirement home, sound familiar???  Beautiful state.  Looking forward to the move and next phase.  

17 hours ago, Mikeu said:

Chaluk - Any chance you have the same for the KJ Big Joe II?  This appears to be for the Classic (US - 18" diameter).  The big joe ii is 24" diameter which is equivalent to approx 61cm.

I used this on my table build.

Classic Joe Dimms.pdf