Additions to My Arsenal

everytrueson

14 hours ago, everytrueson said:

So...the more I think about it, the more I think the dedicated griddle is the way to go.  Hear me out and please tell me if you think I'm off base.  

For anything that needs to be smoked, cooked on the rotisserie, or two-zone type cooks I will rely on the kamados.  None of those are "quick hits", and I have some cast-iron griddle and grate options there as well.  

That leaves those quick hit items like burgers, dogs, brats, grilled chicken breast, veggies, etc, etc...  All can be done, and done well on a griddle.  For the rare occasions I need more warming/holding capacity than a cambro can manage, I have a double oven inside.  That eliminates the real advantage that I think I would be getting from a gas grill...I THINK.  Ha!  I'm not usually this indecisive.  But I think this is a good plan.  Plus, I think I can eliminate the side burner and use some of the real estate on the griddle to warm sauces and such in a pot.  Yeah...sounds like the right plan.

I'm 100% for your dedicated griddle idea. My CampChef is used for camping - go figure. 

I have the 3 burner Blackstone Pro griddle up on the porch. I use it all the time. Can't beat it for quick after work cooks. It can cook everything you listed and so much more. 

The Blackstone Pro griddles are really well thought out and looks good. They tend to be deeper (front to back) than most griddles. Come in a few different lengths (# of burners) and the burners are  straight running front to back which gives you more usable real estate, and better multi zone control compared to griddles with round burners. 

On 5/14/2020 at 8:14 AM, ckreef said:

I'm 100% for your dedicated griddle idea. My CampChef is used for camping - go figure. 

I have the 3 burner Blackstone Pro griddle up on the porch. I use it all the time. Can't beat it for quick after work cooks. It can cook everything you listed and so much more. 

The Blackstone Pro griddles are really well thought out and looks good. They tend to be deeper (front to back) than most griddles. Come in a few different lengths (# of burners) and the burners are  straight running front to back which gives you more usable real estate, and better multi zone control compared to griddles with round burners. 

Excellent. I’ll check them out. 

I’m working on a plan to trade my KJs for a KK. I blame you!