My last few cooks

Good Morning,

Having purchased my first Kamado around 3 weeks ago I am still new to the Kamado world and am learning all of the time.

I have cooked on it for the last 3 days and I would consider all of the cooks to be a success but I'm not sure that my methods are correct. Any advice would be welcome.....

Cook 1 - A "beer can chicken" cooked on a poultry stand, with sweet potato wedges and corn on the cobs...had a pretty full fire box and used 3 firelighters and cooked the chicken indirectly at around 400f for 90 mins, it was delicious and the skin was crispy but I think I should have taken it off 10 minutes earlier. The sweet potato wedges were drizzled with oil and seasoned and were cooked in a pan for around 45 minutes at 400f and the corn on the cobs were put straight on the grill for the remaining 10 minutes of the cook. Once it was all done I kept it warm in the oven in the kitchen and whacked the kamado up to 650f and made a garlic bread pizza. All of it was really good.

Cook 2 - Baked potatoes, roasted shallots, mushrooms and peppers, sausages and chicken thighs (for me) and salmon (for the wife)...had a pretty full firebox and used 3 firelighters and cooked the potatoes indirectly for just over an hour at 400f they were seasoned with garlic oil and a smoky sea salt. They were soft on the inside and crispy on the outside. I then put the rest of the veg in a pan and drizzled it with oil and seasoned it and they were added to the potatoes for around 40 minutes. Then (I'm not sure if this is the best way to do it) I put the second tier of the grill on, put the lid up and cooked the chicken thighs, salmon and sausages as if I was using a normal BBQ.

Cook 3 - 7 pizzas...had a pretty full firebox and used 5 firelighters, I let the kamado sit at around 700f for a while and then started the pizzas one by one. The kamado kept its heat well despite having to keep lifting the lid to change the pizzas and they were all really good.

20200509_180329.jpg

20200509_183558.jpg

20200509_180824.jpg

20200507_180441.jpg

20200507_183721.jpg

IMG-20200508-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20200508-WA0009.jpg