Reverse Sear Ribeye and Tenderloin

Fired up the Big Joe II tonight for a steak dinner for me and the Mrs. I had a nice dry-aged bone-in ribeye and a tenderloin for my wife. Kept it at 275 with some cherry wood until I reached internal temperature of 110. Pulled the steaks off to rest while the Big Joe got up to 600 degrees. 2-minute sear on both sides on the cast iron griddle (ribbed side) and let them rest for about 10 painful minutes. It was worth the wait as it turned out to be a great cook!

IMG_20200514_184131.jpg

IMG_20200514_184134.jpg

IMG_20200514_185353.jpg

2 hours ago, adauria said:

Looks perfect! I did something just like this a couple of weeks ago. They were good, but I burned them a little too much on the sear phase. I'm going to try it again tonight with a ribeye and sirloin. 

-Andrew

It certainly took some trial and error for me but it was worth it as these steaks really came out delicious.  I am excited to see how yours come out tonight! 

On 5/15/2020 at 3:30 PM, KamadoBucky said:

It certainly took some trial and error for me but it was worth it as these steaks really came out delicious.  I am excited to see how yours come out tonight! 

Thanks! They were pretty darn great!

-Andrew

20200515_181250.jpg