Kamado Joe Classic 1 Deal at Walmart?

Greetings, all,

It's been a while since I've posted, but life has been in flux, and family health issues and job changes have pretty much demanded my focus and time.  But the dust is settling, as am I, and I'd appreciate your feedback.  

So, I'm wondering whether or not to pull the trigger on a Kamado Joe Classic 1 on sale through Walmart at $649.  Seems like a pretty good deal even though they're just moving discontinued inventory.  I've been using an Akorn for the past 5 years and have enjoyed it, though it's getting a little bit worn through use.  Have been dreaming of owning a KJ for some time but never was in a situation to think about having something so heavy (that I'd have to move when changing residences) and priced over 1k.  Now, I'm finally settled in a house and intend to be here for some time.  I saw this pop up online last night and after kicking it around, think it'd be a good move to make.  But my question is whether the II and III are so much better that it's better to forget the 1 and start aiming for 2 or 3?  

Anyone out there still using their Kamado Classic 1 and loving it?  

Hey @Smokin' Dan I'm originally from Aurora, Colorado.  I have a KJ Classic 1 that I purchased in 2016. I have replaced the firebox with the new firebox, which I think the KJCI's that are being sold retail come with. My felt gasket is almost gone, and I have a replacement for it. I'm just waiting to get up the motivation to replace it. So far I have not had any problem with the current gasket.

I have also seen the KJCI at Lowes for about the same price. I am very happy with my KJ.

I also have a BJ classic I that I purchased in 2014. I have replaced the felt gasket with the new one and it works great. I also have the new firebox as the old one finally crapped out 7 months ago. I cook on it at least 3-4 times a week with no issues. 

Seems like a good price if you’re not wanting/needing all the extra bells and whistles.