Sweet! Thanks for the tip. I've wanted to try this brand. I have 2 bags on order now.

-Andrew

Wife just picked me up 3 30 pound bags of B&B Char-Logs for $14.99 each. I’ve not tried these yet but am excited to and $14.99/bag is a heck of a deal! She scored these at Academy Sports. Last year I got two 40 pound bags of their lump for the same deal, I’m hoping to see that again. 

@Mr Cue I have been fooling around with those Char-Logs for almost 2 months now in my PK and Hastybake. Nothing negative to say about it yet and burns clean. Much cleaner than Kingford. Reminds me of the old extruded Coconut Lump from the late 90's and early 2000's.

I purchased two bags and to honest at first sight I'm not impressed.  TONS of Silver dollar sized  pieces.  I also picked up some Big Joe Lump for $17 for 20lbs at BJ's and at first sight im VERY impressed with the size. To be fair I haven't cooked with either but as a Die Hard Royal Oak Guy  I was expecting more from B&B..

On 5/24/2020 at 4:03 PM, K.M.Walker said:

I purchased two bags and to honest at first sight I'm not impressed.  TONS of Silver dollar sized  pieces.  I also picked up some Big Joe Lump for $17 for 20lbs at BJ's and at first sight im VERY impressed with the size. To be fair I haven't cooked with either but as a Die Hard Royal Oak Guy  I was expecting more from B&B..

Same.  I was expecting larger pieces after reading praise for B&B.  I had only used Joe Big Block prior and those were great pieces, I wasn’t expecting that quality but soooo many smaller pieces In the B&B.  Bought 3 bags so perhaps the other 2 will be better.

On 5/27/2020 at 9:51 AM, Combustication said:

Same.  I was expecting larger pieces after reading praise for B&B.  I had only used Joe Big Block prior and those were great pieces, I wasn’t expecting that quality but soooo many smaller pieces In the B&B.  Bought 3 bags so perhaps the other 2 will be better.

I think a lot of it has to do with how it was shipped. The last bag of B&B had probably the best sized pieces of any lump I've purchased and I've tried pretty much all of them (the top of the line FOGO, Jealous Devil etc..). I had to cut up a lot of the pieces because they were too large. I think fist size or smaller is ideal.

It's not always like that. I've had some bags with smallish pieces but I've also had that with premium. I always feel the bag and move it around and listen for small pieces jangling around. Overall I think B&B is a great choice for lump. 

I think most times it the people that work there or any place that sells lump. I just ordered 3 bags from local store and from past experience is that each bag will be good to go.

Scott

for the 1st time in several years, I was down to my last bag of lump and running low fast.  With Covid, and KJ Roadshow was cancelled, and my home improvement store didn't put Royal Oak on sale for memorial day, I took advantage  the B&B sale, and picked up 10 bags.   So far so good, the 1st bag was better than the RO I typically use, there where some really nice large pieces.  I hope the other 9 bags are similar