KJH

Best Lump Charcoaled

11 hours ago, Struja said:

Dickson’s bbq has free shipping on orders over $99, to save you the trip.  It, or barbecues galore are my go to stores.  https://dicksonbbq.com/

Thanks,  it kinda gives us an excuse to see our daughter who works right next door to Dickson’s.  According to my wife, by having her pick it up for us, then stopping by her place to grab the bag, it allows us to get the charcoal and visit with our grandkids all the while keeping me from dropping $2000 on a Joe... LOL

2 hours ago, len440 said:

Chas 

I wasn't complaining about a stinky smell when doing the chicken my wife just doesn't like smoked chicken or turkey, i was just trying to state that different charcoal is going to have a different smoke flavoring on food, some stronger than others.  

Chicken and Turkey both soak up an awful lot of smoke.  You need to be very cautious to use a very small amount of smoking wood if any at all.  I prefer my Chicken with just a small single piece of Hickory and cooked quickly over high heat. 

16 hours ago, JeffieBoy said:

Chicken and Turkey both soak up an awful lot of smoke.  You need to be very cautious to use a very small amount of smoking wood if any at all.  I prefer my Chicken with just a small single piece of Hickory and cooked quickly over high heat. 

It took me a while to get my chicken and Turkey right and you are 100% correct about adding any smoking wood at all.  My wife prefers none at all and I prefer a very mild wood like apple or cherry.