Cooking in the residual heat after a pizza session.

After I have made my pizza’s I close all the vents to “switch off” the kamado. A good 3-4 hours later the Joe is still singing at 150c and I think what could I have cooked in all this wasted heat?!  Something that will sit and roast for a few hours or even overnight! I assume potatoes wrapped in foil will roast away quite happily but was hoping for something more substantial for lunch the following day. Has anyone tried anything that worked?

Season some cast iron when you're done?  I wonder if you've choked off all air if you might get some funky flavours from incomplete combustion, unless what you're cooking is wrapped in foil?

• 1 month later...

I’ve done a few attempts since this post. After switching off the vents I have  roasted a whole chicken in foil no problem. Roasted Sweet potatoes out of foil and they came out perfect for scoop and mash. Same with 5 aubergines for my favourite curry. No smokiness though which I don’t know if that’s good or bad. And I did season my cast iron equipment with great success too! No longer will the heat be wasted after a pizza cook!