Ron5850

Mom's Chicken Campagnola

Took this recipe right out of my mother's cookbook. However, this is the first time I've made this. Growing up in an Italian household, my mom would make this a couple times a month. In the ingredients photo, I left out white-dry wine and oregano. I started out grilling the chicken and sausage until about a third of the way cooked. I roasted the potatoes the same way. I then rendered down the vegetables in a Dutch oven, added the liquid ingredients, and cooked for approximately forty minutes on the Big Joe. It actually came out a bit different than how my mom's tasted, but it was still very enjoyable.

20200524_165349.jpg

20200524_172318.jpg

20200524_174137.jpg

20200524_175857.jpg

20200524_182950.jpg

Looks like an excellent dish to me!  And great  kamado utilization With a couple of different styles of cooking!  

I gave up a long time ago on trying to make childhood favorites as an adult and have them taste the same. I am pretty sure it’s impossible.  Sometimes there is something at play that you just can’t replicate no matter how hard you try. Don’t underestimate the “mom” factor...: :)

2 hours ago, KismetKamado said:Sometimes there is something at play that you just can’t replicate no matter how hard you try. Don’t underestimate the “mom” factor...: :)

i agree.  We found one of my mum’s recipes but gave up when it called for a measure described as “one level measure of the cracked pink bowl”. . .