Sign in to follow this  
KismetKamado

Big Joe Makes a New Friend(s)

Work is shutting down, so started to ferry home some of my grill kit that I kept out there (after I smoothed things over with Mr. KK... he wasn’t fully aware of what all I had out there... actually went over better than I expected...).  

In any case, Big Joe made a new friend today. 

Big Joe meet Ivory MasterTouch Weber Kettle... 

Ivory MasterTouch Weber Kettle meet Big Joe...

I expect you two to play nice.... (heard a faint “but mom, do we have to????” in the background as I said that).

98318068-5552-4F85-BE52-C025A5DB9501.thumb.jpeg.0ca267cbbd0b9b4f48d1719d99cf582a.jpeg

There will be another meet and greet (or two or three) in the coming weeks...

19 hours ago, KismetKamado said:

The dog had Big Joe’s back.... she wasn’t impressed at all with the intruder.

Playing the devil's advocate, I am thinking dogs are neutral, like Switzerland. They will happily  eat sausages that come  off both grills. Actually they'ed happily eat sausages that fell from the sky or , shudder the thought, came off a gasser.. Completely neutral without any brand bias, they don't care a whit about where it came from, just gonna eat it. Their favorite grill is always the one Momma's cooking on at the moment.

1 hour ago, keeperovdeflame said:

Playing the devil's advocate, I am thinking dogs are natural, like Switzerland. They will happily  eat sausages that come  off both grills. Actually they'ed happily eat sausages that fell from the sky or , shudder the thought, came off a gasser.. Completely neutral without any brand bias, they don't care a whit about where it came from, just gonna eat it. Their favorite grill is always the one Momma's cooking on at the moment.

You’ve probably got a point there, Keeper.....  :)

I still don’t think she was very impressed.  She paced around walking a perimeter with her grumpy face for a good couple of minutes before she simmered down. And the only thing to come off of the Weber last night was marshmallows... so that didn’t win any points with her either. Lol. 

I have a feeling she might take a bit more kindly to Big Joe’s next new BFF tonight, as we should be putting on some steaks. :)

Big Joe meet PK360...

PK360 meet Big Joe....

A6DEE338-017E-43D5-B618-1AB424589C71.thumb.jpeg.b4107f2f8e27311159b1ea24fdc35038.jpeg

PK360 was a great work grill. A safe charcoal grill with a really enclosed system so as not to worry about stray sparks.... and a very durable cast aluminum build that I didn’t have to worry about getting inadvertently humpty dumpty’d.  It was practically like having a kamado out at work....  And with the extender rack had lots of real estate to work with to do both protein and sides at the same time (red Akorn Jr couldn’t quite cut it capacity wise for everyone).

KK,

Oh the wicked webs we weave. We have discussed this. Best to live by the mantra "Better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission."

Your dog was most likely wondering what is this new "interloping lid" doing on/in my grass/yard. Dog looks amazing.

Recently I had my grill buying misdeeds turned 180 degrees on me. In late Nov the Mrs bought herself a grill after she went to Tulsa for a convention and ate at Burn Co Barbeque. She asked what they cooked on and then went over to Tulsa Grill Company and bought a Hasty Bake. Grill was delivered when she wasn't home. Had the driver set it down in the middle of her side of the garage. Sweet Revenge for when I got the "wire brushing" after the Sunterra fiasco and the over zealous Old Dominion Freight driver. BTW her new grill which she has yet to use herself is kind of fun to play with.

That PK 360 looks sharp much nicer than my original PK.

Awesome story, @Vanole!  I Iove it!  Would have been awesome to see the look on her face when that garage door went up.  :)

I am going to have to get creative moving forward. With Mr. KK laid off (horrible time for us both to be in the oil and gas industry) and me in work from home mode with the pandemic and then the shop shutting down... well, I’m in a bad, bad way. No more just having something delivered to work...  Time to get friendly with the neighbors I guess. :)

And don’t bring up the HB word. Work occasionally takes me to the Tulsa area and I have an enabling work friend who frequents the HastyBake facility there and ruthlessly texts or emails me about it. Let’s just say I’ve been a good kid so far, but wouldn’t take much to push me over the edge. Lol. 

And after the maiden voyage tonight, I think the PK has earned its spot in the stable here at the house. And perhaps he will drink the kool-aid... I assured him there was nothing he could do to hurt the PK and told him to play with it at will. He likes his gasser and pellet grill, but I think he secretly wants to play with fire, but wouldn’t ever want to touch one of my kamados for fear of messing something up. 

Oh, and giving him the green light to partake in the Otto Wilde G32 Kickstarter madness probably helped my cause a bit as well... :)

On 5/26/2020 at 6:54 PM, keeperovdeflame said:

Playing the devil's advocate, I am thinking dogs are neutral, like Switzerland. They will happily  eat sausages that come  off both grills. Actually they'ed happily eat sausages that fell from the sky or , shudder the thought, came off a gasser.. Completely neutral without any brand bias, they don't care a whit about where it came from, just gonna eat it. Their favorite grill is always the one Momma's cooking on at the moment.

I'd say they rather eat it raw and now than stove it in the useless eggythings :P