Sign in to follow this  
shadmere

Got melted cheese on inside of Joe

So I'm apparently sorta clumsy, and straight up dropped a cheeseburger cheese-side-down against the side of my KJ3 while trying to take it off the grill.  Big ol' cheese spot on the side of the grill now.  I scraped the actual cheese off, but there's a discolored spot on the ceramic now.

Is this dangerous?  I'm worried that oil seeped into the ceramic or something, and now it'll snap in half there the next time it gets hot.  Or something.

Hoping that I'm being a worry-wort, here.  :p

Thanks!

I have been clumsier than that but I don't talk about the times I have brushed coals and ash off of some cut of meat, doused it with sauce and served it to a guest with a hearty "Bon Appetit".  But to your problem, if you do a 650 degree pizza cook you'll notice some white smoke as you get things up to temp.  Let that clear before starting your first pizza and everything will be fine.  And the next day you will barely be able to spot where the cheese was.  I always do a burn-out like that before cooking something expensive like a prime-rib (Christmas Eve pizza, anyone?).