Hey Team, 

Just had my 40th Bday and my wife bought me a JoeTisserie for the Akorn (after some research it looks like it fits the Akorn) but now I'm having second thoughts. It's a pretty expensive set up, and my beer can chicken is already really good. Am I going to LOVE having a Rotisserie? And if so, should I just get the BBQube Pizza Ring and a universal rotisserie for less than half the price of the JoeTisserie? 

Let me know what you think... Should I send this thing back, or open it up and spin some chicken.

I have two questions for you...first, I have an Akorn as well and my wife and I like Beer Can chick. We did one last night but although it was done fine it never got that dark golden brown colour it got in my old offset. How do you have yours set up? Did you use the plate setter?

Second, I used to love Rotisserie chicken even more than the BCC. But I have never been able to find a set up for the Akorn except the Joetisserie. Personally, I think that the rotisserie chicken would be more evenly cooked if the Akorn will seal down around the Joetisserie well enough. Not sure the BBQube would do that.

21 minutes ago, DWFII said:

I have two questions for you...first, I have an Akorn as well and my wife and I like Beer Can chick. We did one last night but although it was done fine it never got that dark golden brown colour it got in my old offset. How do you have yours set up? Did you use the plate setter?

Second, I used to love Rotisserie chicken even more than the BCC. But I have never been able to find a set up for the Akorn except the Joetisserie. Personally, I think that the rotisserie chicken would be more evenly cooked if the Akorn will seal down around the Joetisserie well enough. Not sure the BBQube would do that.

When I do my beer can I just use the stock smoking stone, but I'm with you I dont get a real dark color on the skin. Not saying its not delicious but if you're looking for more color maybe the rotisserie is the way to go...

image.thumb.png.0d30b906a3b2cd727fad25edf243b45a.png

BBQube Pizza ring is wide open in the front so its not going to seal up at all. I was under the impression that the primary cooking for a rotisserie set up was direct heat. So although you'll lose a lot of heat out the front I think it should be fine. 

25 minutes ago, levic900rr said:

BBQube Pizza ring is wide open in the front so its not going to seal up at all. I was under the impression that the primary cooking for a rotisserie set up was direct heat. So although you'll lose a lot of heat out the front I think it should be fine. 

I understand...might not be able to control the heat as well with the BBQube, tho--that's my concern.

thanks.

I wonder if taking the smoking stone out and doing the BCC direct or with a ceramic saucer directly under the beer can would make a difference?

Or maybe a Weber #80624 grate which will fit in there instead of the smoking stone with a small plate to catch drippings?

Pizza ring is sold out at the moment and the pizza ring 2.0 will come with options to add the rotisserie kit. 

Rotisserie is fun. You can replace the fork with a wire cage and use it for ribs, spatchcock bird and I even tried to roast coffee beans with a find mesh tube. It shortens the cooking time by 20~30% and the surface will be more even than beer can. 

I'm looking for a manufacture that can produce DC motor driven rotisserie so I can add a switch and make it reverse rotating directions. Then you can just stick a thermometer probe to the meat instead of stopping it every time when you probe the temperature. 

Are you gonna put a door on v. 2.0, so that temps can be kept under control?

3 hours ago, DWFII said:

Are you gonna put a door on v. 2.0, so that temps can be kept under control?

ah you know i kept on thinking about it. gotta be a simple, cost effective and of course good looking solution. we have been so busy lately so i've been putting it off. now you said i'll give it a serious thought. 

13 hours ago, Daz said:

Pizza ring is sold out at the moment and the pizza ring 2.0 will come with options to add the rotisserie kit. 

Rotisserie is fun. You can replace the fork with a wire cage and use it for ribs, spatchcock bird and I even tried to roast coffee beans with a find mesh tube. It shortens the cooking time by 20~30% and the surface will be more even than beer can. 

I'm looking for a manufacture that can produce DC motor driven rotisserie so I can add a switch and make it reverse rotating directions. Then you can just stick a thermometer probe to the meat instead of stopping it every time when you probe the temperature. 

Do you have a timeline on when the v2 might come out?

24 minutes ago, Ophbalance said:

Do you have a timeline on when the v2 might come out?

Gonna be Late July, the manufacture is still catching up orders from pre-pandemic but we're in queue.