Sign in to follow this  
evandood

First Week

So, I have 1 week in with my Classic Joe. We have cooked every night. Most nights I have filled it fairly high with the KJ Lump Coal. Direct cooking except for the night we made Pizza. This grill is awesome. It is extremely easy to regulate at higher temps. Tonight I used half the amount of coal as I have been, I was still able to get the grill to 450 very quickly for some great Pork Chops tonight. The DoJoe is coming Saturday. Can't wait to try that out. After I get the higher temp stuff under my belt I will try to cook a Pork Shoulder next week. I need to get some decent gloves, or I need to be more careful !

I guess gloves might help with my pork butts I use a large pair of tongs and a heavy duty spatula to transfer it. Always be careful around grills. Knuckle and arm hair will grow back, don't ask. Glad your enjoying the grill. Look for this book by John Setzler it's a big help for kamado users. "The Kamado Book of Knowledge "