I received my KJ classic 3 last week with a small crack in the dome. It has gotten worse with each of my two cooks. Will they replace this? Are they really fragile and crack a lot. One of the plates for my firebox was badly chipped too 

A2E08457-C60B-44D8-A373-AC9EE3C77F03.jpeg

19D2EB8F-7F68-4F46-8526-94BB1C5AB691.jpeg

1 hour ago, John Setzler said:

I would not use this grill until the dome is replaced.

I was afraid someone was gonna say that. I watch all your videos and definitely respect you opinion based on experience. Hopefully they reply and send it soon 

22 minutes ago, John Setzler said:

Who did you buy it from?

I purchased through Atlanta Grill Company. It arrived with a small crack and one of the firebox plates chipped. I cooked twice and the crack got worse each time. 

1 hour ago, DQW said:

I purchased through Atlanta Grill Company. It arrived with a small crack and one of the firebox plates chipped. I cooked twice and the crack got worse each time. 

Get your claim filed with Kamado Joe via their website as soon as possible.

19 hours ago, John Setzler said:

Get your claim filed with Kamado Joe via their website as soon as possible.

They emailed me and said somebody will reply within 5 business days. I wanna grill lol

2 hours ago, DQW said:

They emailed me and said somebody will reply within 5 business days. I wanna grill lol

I hope your experience is good with the customer service.  There have been a lot of ugly delays lately due to shipping and inventory issues associated with COVID logistics issues.

On 6/4/2020 at 4:24 PM, John Setzler said:

I hope your experience is good with the customer service.  There have been a lot of ugly delays lately due to shipping and inventory issues associated with COVID logistics issues.

They emailed me back and said they don’t know when I will receive the replacement parts. They said I can continue using the grill. I think I’m gonna follow your advice. It has already gotten worse

Posted (edited)

Why wouldn't the point of purchase be the first point of contact?

Then again, that would have needed to be done as soon as the damage was discovered...

Anyway, hope you get it straightened out soon

Edited by CentralTexBBQ
added comment
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2020 at 10:21 PM, CentralTexBBQ said:

Why wouldn't the point of purchase be the first point of contact?

Then again, that would have needed to be done as soon as the damage was discovered...

Anyway, hope you get it straightened out soon

Yea - I would try Atlanta Grill Company first. I submitted a claim on KJ's website for a cracked dome several months ago and I they haven't even acknowledged receipt of my claim. Emails to their customer support address bounce and no one answers the phone. Feels like they have gone out of business.

I would try some high temp firebox cement and fill in the crack. Hopefully it would stop it from cracking further and allow you to use your new grill. As everyone is saying, it could months before you get a replacement.

I just found cracks today in my dome and base. I’m really bummed now. Already submitted claims but it sounds like it’s going to be a while. I cook 2-3 times a week on it so I’m really upset. I’m getting my new patio poured this week and have the lumber in the shop to build a new table for it that I was going to work on this holiday weekend. Kinda takes the steam out of wanting to do that project.