icegrill

New Egghead Owner

I have been a long time member here, I started my Kamado 4 years ago on a BJ special Brinkman, now out of business. Well my firebox cracked as did my place setter, but that thing taught me a lot about cooking on a Kamado and ensuring how to seal it up and overcome that models challenges. 

Well today I join the Egghead club in a big way with the BGE XL. I am super stoked to get grilling on my new baby. 

MVIMG_20200605_151809.jpg

MVIMG_20200605_151816.jpg

Very nice set up, very functional and yet quite classy. That looks like a Cypess table those things  are very durable, and do well in the weather. Enjoy your new grill. By the way ,should any warranty issue arise later, BGE requires proof of purchase, and you will want to be prepared for that. So, 2 things your need to do right away, # 1. Make a couple copies of your receipt and purchase info and put them in different  places, so you won't loose them. And #2.Call or email BGE and register your grill. Those two things will make any warranty situations  a "no worries issue". Also when you register your grill BGE sends you their online magazine with recipes, tips, new products, Egg Fest dates and locations, and such, I enjoy going through it, when it comes I think every 1/4. Congratulations,, Now go get that bad boy dirty and  enjoy your new Egg.

Hope you enjoy the egg i love the cart i know your not new at this but this might give you some info it's in the kamada joe forum

https://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/43448-the-kamado-book-of-knowledge/

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By jhford12344
      Just purchased a new Kamado Joe Classic II from Atlanta Grill Company. I am coming into this with essentially no experiencing smoking and using charcoal... so any and all advice is appreciated. 

I have been looking at Kamado Joe covers and the ones from KJ are pretty pricey. Any recommendations for a cover that won't break the bank would be great. 

Thank you

• By GrillDawg
      Hey all!

New owner of a Kamado Joe. Been looking for a while but finally pulled the trigger with Atlanta Grilling Company's Father's Day sale. She arrived yesterday and still sitting in the garage as I need a couple buddies to come over to help move it out on the patio.

I love to grill but fairly new to the kamado scene. Any suggestions for a first cook?

Excited to be a part of this forum. Hoping to learn a lot!
    • By Joe clifton
      I'm really new to this Style of grilling So Hey everybody My name is Joe And I am one of those guys that has about 13 different grooves In store isn't happy I'm thinking that a kamado Joe Is the way to go But I would love to get some advice from some seasoned veterans.As I said before the kamado Joe seems to be the way to go The Big Green Egg I just don't think That I'm up for buying all the different attachments I would like to find something That has the attachments already there I know it if user plate is something I'm interested in And I know a 2 tiered rack Is something I'm interested I live in an apartment so Space is limited but always willing to make room For a new grill Thanks anyone with any information Thank you very much 
    • By ItsGriffff
      Hey Kamado Fans,

I've recently inherited a antique Kinurra Yaki Kamado size #5 from my grandfather who purchased it new in the late 1950s while overseas. It is still factory wrapped, with cardboard padding around it, and rope holding all the pieces together. This thing is as good as it gets. It's currently in Burke, VA and I'm looking to sell it. If anyone is interested please email me: parkergriffo@gmail.com

Cheers!

-Parker

• By St1brew
      My wife and I will be attending our first ever EGGfest and we have a few questions. Anyone have an idea of what they typically sell demo units for? Is it sold with full warranty? Do any eggcessories come with it? Any info is appreciated.