Hello from TN!

Jasovan

Hey all! I have had an Akorn for about 4 years now and came across this site a little over a year ago and have learned a lot from many of you. I had always used a combination of a Weber kettle and a Gas Grill up until that point but found myself really enjoying Kamado cooking. So I decided to step up to a Kamado Joe Classic 3 and it just arrived a few days ago and I have it assembled and ready for my first cook! 

5A130D45-BB14-4560-BDCA-2CB75EEE7641.jpeg

14 hours ago, BobE said:

Welcome to the forum Jasovan, what's on the menu for the inauguration cook?  

Thanks everyone and you can call me Jason. Bob...believe it or not I think I’m going to try pizza out on my first cook as I have never cooked one on my akorn. I also got the dojoe so dying to try it out! Ordered some 00 flour and waiting for it to get here and give it a try so we will see how it goes. 

On 6/12/2020 at 9:38 AM, Jasovan said:

Thanks everyone and you can call me Jason. Bob...believe it or not I think I’m going to try pizza out on my first cook as I have never cooked one on my akorn. I also got the dojoe so dying to try it out! Ordered some 00 flour and waiting for it to get here and give it a try so we will see how it goes. 

Not sure where in TN you are...Ive made my own dough before, and used the premade from Publix...and honestly the publix is just as good without the pain.  Near the deli there is a fridge with balls of dough or the precut circles.  The ball is better, but both are pretty good.  (or try your local pizza place...some of them will sell balls of the dough).  Beats the pain and mess of making your own.