First Pizza Cook

Jasovan

Well I did my inaugural cook on my classic 3 last night with the doejoe. Although I had the Akorn for 4yrs I had never done pizza so decided to try it out. And definitely learning but it didn’t turn out too bad. I followed John’s two hour pizza dough recipe and I really enjoyed the crispy crust it gave me. Biggest issue for me was stretching the dough evenly but just need some more practice I suppose. 1st one was cheese for my son that I left too much dough around the edges but tasted good and I did get better with the pepperoni. Also tried some grocery store dough that I made into a flat bread if you will but I didn’t enjoy that dough as well. I wish I could have gotten the outer top crust a little browner. I brushed it with olive oil but didn’t brown up as much as I had hoped but didn’t want to overcook the bottom. Cooked at 550-600 for homemade dough and let grill drop to around 400 to try store bought dough. All in all I would say not too bad for first attempt.

318FE8AA-5196-49EB-800A-37D4776529D1.jpeg

43B4D587-300C-484A-9D0F-24CFB02A8DEB.jpeg

C80B4678-33D6-420C-8EBB-4CD646884ACA.jpeg

F4883269-D482-4B7A-B689-5918FE576E27.jpeg

great looking pizzas to me.  The 1st pizza I did, it was cooked it in about 3 minutes.  the top was perfect.  and I quickly learned I needed a pizza stone over the heat deflector.   the bottom was overly burnt.   given your 1st cook, you rocked it.

On 6/16/2020 at 1:38 PM, len440 said:

Good first attempt What is your grill set up? Have you read this:  

Good eats here  i learned a lot here

Thanks! I was using Classic 3 with the dojoe. And thanks for the link I will check it out.

On 6/16/2020 at 8:09 PM, DEW said:

Looks great for a first cook.  Like anything else, the key to shaping it is practice, practice and patience!  

Thanks and I definitely need the practice cause on the last one I tore it and tried to let it rest and redo but tore it again. So I had to give up on that one which was disappointing but I’ll be giving it another shot soon.