Healthy and Tradition Japanese Food

John Hesson

I strongly suggest you start watching NHK channel out of Japan.

I get it on ATT U-verse, there are several weekly shows that highlight Japanese foods of all kinds and some dedicated "how to" cooking shows with master chefs showing off their skills.

There's a show that highlights the giant Tokyo market where untold tons of fresh fish and other goods are sold wholesale and the show takes the viewer on a tour (different each week) of a particular food product or sea creature and shows how it's caught, how it's prepared in detail.

I think you can get NHK network on line as well as from ATT.

It's a great network, they show Japanese wilderness areas, mountains, rivers and coastlines and discuss in detail each area from a naturalists viewpoint.

Fantastic country and on my bucket list to visit.

• 2 years later...

You can also contact with someone from Japan in learing languages apps. I am sure that Japanese would be happy to talk about their food.

Hope you are going well with your thesis!

On 6/19/2020 at 4:02 PM, Chasdev said:

I strongly suggest you start watching NHK channel out of Japan.

I get it on ATT U-verse, there are several weekly shows that highlight Japanese foods of all kinds and some dedicated "how to" cooking shows with master chefs showing off their skills.

There's a show that highlights the giant Tokyo market where untold tons of fresh fish and other goods are sold wholesale and the show takes the viewer on a tour (different each week) of a particular food product or sea creature and shows how it's caught, how it's prepared in detail.

I think you can get NHK network on line as well as from ATT.

It's a great network, they show Japanese wilderness areas, mountains, rivers and coastlines and discuss in detail each area from a naturalists viewpoint.

Fantastic country and on my bucket list to visit.