Sign in to follow this  
ckreef

Reef's Camp Cooking - Homemade Pizza / Furrion Oven

Did a weekend local camping trip this past weekend. Homemade pizza seemed like a easy travel day cook.

This is a Detroit style pizza except sausage and green pepper instead of pepperoni. Cooked in a Lloyd's Grandma Pan. The night before we left I made some sauce and a batch of dough. The dough did an overnight refrigerator rise. Thursday after work just before we left I took the dough out of the refrigerator to give it a few hours to come to room temperature. After we got setup at the campsite all I had to do was stretch the dough in the pan, add the toppings, then pop it in the Furrion oven. 20 minutes or so later pizza was served.

I do believe pizza will become a regular travel day dinner as it was really easy to deal with and not much work at the campsite.

pizzaA.thumb.jpg.30b51e1b871efa52c274bc5304de08d5.jpg

pizzaB.thumb.jpg.d59600a5ccd46546d1b3be91ed87e5ce.jpg

pizzaC.thumb.jpg.836988f137a3772244b72b98beca7602.jpg

Very nice ck... Have done pizza camping in the past...but none ever looked as good as yours. My go to arrival dinner in the motorhome was a pot roast cooking away in a crockpot enroute (crockpot nestled in the sink). My snowbird neighbors came to expect it annually upon arrival at Larry & Penny Thompson.

59 minutes ago, Vanole said:

Very nice ck... Have done pizza camping in the past...but none ever looked as good as yours. My go to arrival dinner in the motorhome was a pot roast cooking away in a crockpot enroute (crockpot nestled in the sink). My snowbird neighbors came to expect it annually upon arrival at Larry & Penny Thompson.

We store the upright paper towel dispenser and a single pod coffee maker in the sink for travel. Will have to look into the crock pot idea although I'd need a 12 volt crock pot. 

10 hours ago, TKOBBQ said:

That's a good looking pie, bet it was as tasty as it looks. 

It worked out really well. If you know anything about these micro sized ovens in Travel Trailers that's a pretty big statement because they're not good for to much but this pizza worked. 

@ckreef the one in the motorhome works great for storing the FMCA mags and a couple bottles of hooch when not rolling down the road.