Jump to content

What Are These Called?

Brick Pig

Recommended Posts

Got ready to spin a chicken and noticed I’ve apparently lost one of these little dudes:


It’s not going to interfere with today’s cook, as I have four forks and only need two. But sometime down the line I’m going to need all four at the same time, and of course I want to replace the lost one. Unfortunately I’m a bit hardware-ily challenged, so two questions: 1) What’s this called? and 2) Is it something I can get at a hardware store, or do I have to order one from KJ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thumb screw.  Ace probably has an assortment of them.  You're going to want stainless though.  And for that, Ace (at least mine) aren't all that well stocked.  I've been told marine stores are chock full of stainless screws.  Looks like home depot has them as well but you'll need to know the threading and size (https://www.homedepot.com/p/1-4-in-20-x-1-2-in-Thumbscrew-Thumb-Zinc-Plated-Machine-Screw-2-Pack-815251/204274857).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...