Cracked Firebox -- can't seem to find the replacement?

deraj090

Hi all,

New to the forum.  I recently acquired a KJ Classic 1 from my father-in-law, though it has a cracked firebox. I can't seem to find the original style firebox (one piece and ceramic ring that sits on top) -- does this no longer exist? Will the new style for the 18" grill fit?  And if so, best place to purchase one?

Another question: in the meantime, I'm using a small marble chip stone from our garden to hold the firebox in place-- otherwise, the crack lets through too much charcoal. I basically have the small rock wedged between the outside of the firebox and the inside wall of the grill.  Will this be an issue?

40 minutes ago, deraj090 said:

Hi all,

New to the forum.  I recently acquired a KJ Classic 1 from my father-in-law, though it has a cracked firebox. I can't seem to find the original style firebox (one piece and ceramic ring that sits on top) -- does this no longer exist? Will the new style for the 18" grill fit?  And if so, best place to purchase one?

Another question: in the meantime, I'm using a small marble chip stone from our garden to hold the firebox in place-- otherwise, the crack lets through too much charcoal. I basically have the small rock wedged between the outside of the firebox and the inside wall of the grill.  Will this be an issue?

They do not make the original style firebox anymore.  You should replace it with the multi-piece firebox.  I am not sure where you can buy one other than directly from Kamado Joe.

On 7/14/2020 at 3:20 PM, John Setzler said:

They do not make the original style firebox anymore.  You should replace it with the multi-piece firebox.  I am not sure where you can buy one other than directly from Kamado Joe.

Thanks! I’ll order directly — appreciate the advice. 

• 2 weeks later...