Getting Closer - Chuck Roast

This one came out with great bark.  I ended up using FOGO lump on this round and some hickory thrown on for smoke.  And the cooking time surprised me by going out much longer than on the cowboy lump I'd used previously for a similar weight Chuck Roast cut.  I did NOT wrap at the stall and I regret it.  Taste was on point, but it just dried out too much.  A pity but I'm getting closer to looks good and tastes good and is juicy.

IMG_20200714_192748.jpg

IMG_20200714_192552.jpg

Looks like your getting closer. My left over chuck ends up as stew. I noticed the window on a juicy chuck is narrow plus i think beef drys out quicker than pork after cutting.. I'm planning on my next one to wrap before its done adding some beef stock This way i'll have some juice to go with it 

Yeah, I'm torn between beef stock or some apple cider vinegar.  6 of one, half dozen of the other with that choice.  I need to pick up some butcher paper as well to see if that makes any difference over using foil. 

The last time I did a chuck roast I put a light coating of BBQ sauce and a very small amount of apple juice while a wrapped in heavy duty aluminium foil. I really liked the taste when spooning the liquid on meat after slicing.