What have you cooked on your JoeTisserie?

SETexas

I have my new JoeTisserie  showing up today and wanted to know what are some of the best things that you have cooked on the JoeTisserie? I know the obvious chicken and turkey but what are other great options?

I got mine a month or two ago and love it. 

I did a char siu pork belly at the weekend:

7DF96C27-6006-4C54-81D1-2D28D9E45613.thumb.jpeg.ec88142771f9ebc60049f246538fbffd.jpeg2B81F275-8CFB-4E12-BB14-14CA5DEADD78.thumb.jpeg.3e304014f6ae13d5c97ec75a8bbc9642.jpegDEDF1575-88B0-46FC-8267-73054C952E4B.thumb.jpeg.0f102743aed8da5cc6744f6b01561b8e.jpeg

really pleased with how it turned out, tender and juicy with a great crust. 

the main thing I’m learning from it so far is that you can cook at a wide range of different temps, but adding a bit of sugar to a rub and then glazing with a sugary or honey based sauce is a great way to get good colour at lower temps. Which is the same as non- rotisserie bbq I guess, I just seem to notice it more with the Joetisserie. 

I have done numerous turkeys and chickens and Cornish Hens on my Classic.  I have an extra set of forks from Amazon, so I can more easily do two birds at once, two smaller chickens will fit, just barely, on my classic, and I've done up to about a 17 pounder turkey, which is about as big of a turkey I would reccommend you cook anyway (if you need more than that, buy two smaller turkeys)

I have a napoleon basket, which I've tumbled wings in, and if my pepper plants take off this year, i will be tumbling jalapenos and shi####os in that basket as well. If I had a good source for raw peanuts, or walnuts, I would do those in there too. Beware though, that basket is a total PITA to clean by hand.

I also have a flat basket, which I have done whole fish in, and its fantastic. One day, I will be doing a spatchcocked chicken in there, or a whole mess of chicken thighs, or full turkey wings, or pork chops.

One day I'll do a rib roast. That'll be a good day.

IMG_4959.jpg

IMG_3825.jpg

• 1 month later...

New here and thought I'd chime in with my weekend with a new JoeTisserie for my BJ.  

Finally found one in stock at the local BBQ shop and picked it up on a whim.  With a bunch of people coming over, my first cook needed to be 3 6lb chickens.  This probably violated some best practices ;-)

Fed about 12 people who universally thought it was the best chicken they'd ever ate.  Seasoned it with a BBQ Chicken rub from LaGrille which was also a chance find as a bunch of spices were on sale.    Had to do some work to get all the birds on and stable but it worked out in the end - probably taxed the motor a tad more than I wanted.

Had so much fun the Saturday, I grabbed a top sirloin roast at Costco for Sunday and had the same folks back.  This time around I did some potatoes and veg/garic in the fire box which also worked awesome.   The pictures don't do the roast justice and I neglected to take some shots post carve, but needless to day, it was pink and juicey.

All told, despite being WAY expensive, I'd buy this thing again tomorrow - fit perfectly on my older BJ and no smoke leak at all and with a mix of lump/briquettes held 330-350 pretty steadily.

62043637658-720-D25-CC-1-B63-436-C-BEA0-
62051512489-D5-E9361-D-E9-FA-4-A9-C-8-B3
62052256309-C141295-D-8-ACC-4276-89-B5-5

• 2 weeks later...