John Setzler

FireBoard 2 Drive - Demo/Review

On 7/23/2020 at 1:34 PM, Pigfqr said:

Thanks adm.  I have an extension cord available if I would need it, and an external usb battery power source as well.  It sounds like the internal batter will do fine, or maybe a boost from an external battery pack for long cooks.  I am just glad I won't have to use the extension cord.  I am always afraid the dogs will pull my Flameboss off the grill as they run over the extension cord at full doggy steam.  I imagine a 65 pound Vizsla at 35-40 MPH would fling a temp controller far and wide if he hit the extension cord. 

IMG_20190123_220645.jpg

I know exactly what you mean. I have three Scottish Deerhounds and the two full grown ones weigh 110 lbs each and can reach 45mph. They also like to run around the patio where I have my Kamado like mad things.....

Once they've done that, they look exactly like your Vizsla does. Asleep on their backs, legs in the air.

On 7/24/2020 at 3:25 PM, adm said:

I know exactly what you mean. I have three Scottish Deerhounds and the two full grown ones weigh 110 lbs each and can reach 45mph. They also like to run around the patio where I have my Kamado like mad things.....

Once they've done that, they look exactly like your Vizsla does. Asleep on their backs, legs in the air.

Three Deerhounds!  That's a whole lotta dog.  They are beautiful though.

7 hours ago, Deo said:

Hi;

Do you know if the blower can fit on a blaze kamado?

I can't say for sure but I believe it will with one of the provided adapters.  That circular opening on the lower side of the Blaze will open up and expose a rectangular opening that should work...

Great video John Thanks for putting it together for everyone. I ordered one yesterday looking forward to using it in place of the Masterbuilt controller on the gravity series  and one my big joe as my GEN 1 ikamand is dieing a slow death.

48 minutes ago, bel4_20 said:

Great video John Thanks for putting it together for everyone. I ordered one yesterday looking forward to using it in place of the Masterbuilt controller on the gravity series  and one my big joe as my GEN 1 ikamand is dieing a slow death.

as an owner of the gravity series, i can see absolutely no reason to use the Fireboard on it.

Hey John,

You are my go to expert. I have a 9lb and 7.5lb bone in pork shoulder. I was planning 225-245 max temp and foil wrapping once I get to 165-170 internal temp and cooking it wrapped until it hits 195. Do you think two porks will effect the time? or do you think I'm good with 9-11 hours for the 9lb and 8-10 hours with the 7.5lb cooked together?

Thanks,

David

45 minutes ago, polish_dave said:

Hey John,

You are my go to expert. I have a 9lb and 7.5lb bone in pork shoulder. I was planning 225-245 max temp and foil wrapping once I get to 165-170 internal temp and cooking it wrapped until it hits 195. Do you think two porks will effect the time? or do you think I'm good with 9-11 hours for the 9lb and 8-10 hours with the 7.5lb cooked together?

Thanks,

David

Two will only minimally affect the time... it may or may not be noticeable.  You are never gonna get done in the times you have estimated at those cooking temperatures.   If you do, I would be surprised.  I would expect a bare minimum of 1.5 hours per pound.  You might hit those time targets if you cook at 275 with a wrap.  I suppose a shorter time is possible if you plan to take them off at 195, which I also would not expect to be done.  It's very rare that I ever have a boston butt that is ready to pull at 195 unless the cook went EXTREMELY long... like in excess of 17-18 hours.  

9 minutes ago, John Setzler said:

Thanks for the input John! I'll take all that into account. Appreicate it

Two will only minimally affect the time... it may or may not be noticeable.  You are never gonna get done in the times you have estimated at those cooking temperatures.   If you do, I would be surprised.  I would expect a bare minimum of 1.5 hours per pound.  You might hit those time targets if you cook at 275 with a wrap.  I suppose a shorter time is possible if you plan to take them off at 195, which I also would not expect to be done.  It's very rare that I ever have a boston butt that is ready to pull at 195 unless the cook went EXTREMELY long... like in excess of 17-18 hours.  

22 hours ago, John Setzler said:

as an owner of the gravity series, i can see absolutely no reason to use the Fireboard on it.

John, if i could get my Samsung Note 10 to connect to it id be thinking differently. I cant get it to connect with wifi . I've put ticket in last week have yet to hear anything back.