Hi from Yorkshire England.

Hi to all board members from Yorkshire England,  lockdown restrictions here means cooking for freinds in the garden seems like an even better idea than usual so I put my hand in my pocket and coughed up the cash for a 24" Louisiana Grill Kamado from Costco.

I stumbled across this site will doing some Kamado research so I'm already indebted to the site's contributors, thank you.

Welcome from a former Yorkshireman whose family got the heck out about 105 years ago.  We visited in 2014 and it was the first time our families were together in 100 years.  

Keep on learning about your kamado and be sure to include photos for us to enjoy!

21 hours ago, JeffieBoy said:

Welcome from a former Yorkshireman whose family got the heck out about 105 years ago.  We visited in 2014 and it was the first time our families were together in 100 years.  

Keep on learning about your kamado and be sure to include photos for us to enjoy!

Where in Yorkshire @JeffieBoy?

16 hours ago, len440 said:

Welcome to the forum I guess  pit boss  would do the trick. I believe their made by the same company  Have you read this yet

John also has a recipe page that is really helpful 

That's a really great resource & just what a newbie like myself requires, thank you.

When I opened your link I recognised John straight away from a series of his youtube videos I've been watching recently.

At least it says your an adult but some times during sporting events it's hard to tell. Iv'e been told this but never experienced it. Is the statue of a guy playing your funny football? hahaha Sports is sports no matter how its played . Looking forward to seeing you're cooks 

35 minutes ago, len440 said:

At least it says your an adult but some times during sporting events it's hard to tell. Iv'e been told this but never experienced it. Is the statue of a guy playing your funny football? hahaha Sports is sports no matter how its played . Looking forward to seeing you're cooks 

Yes, it's Billy Bremner.  I'm afraid to report I've misspent my time there man & boy.

Costco deliver tomorrow afternoon, Covid dictates I'm relying on the wife to help me assemble a 24" Kamado. A low temp cook to run it in and I'm then ready to start experimenting.

Good luck tomorrow Don't know much a about your grill but mine was assembled on a very hot July 3rd 2 years ago by me and my neighbors wife and her friend with my profuse swearing and their "glistening" women don't sweat, it went together ok. Hard part was lifting on to cart not many hand holds. Ribs or pork butt is good first cook . Don't forget pics