4 sale: Curious if there is any interest in custom carved side shelves w/ handle?

EZ smoke

OK, I'm getting ready to do some custom shelves for myself on my PitBoss K24 and Vision Classic B and was wondering if their might be interest in from other forum members.  These will be custom designed and cut on my CNC router with full customization for logo, name, etc. I'm not going to act like I have every kamado at my side to design the shape etc. so, there might be a little work measuring dimensions from potential buyers. Basically, the package would be for two matching wood shelves and handle. Obviously, you would reattach the existing hardware from your kamado and use it on your new shelves. The handle could have a small name/logo on the top if desired. Again, they're able to be carved with just about anything, for an example mine are going to say my last name with something like Smoke House, Grill, Beer & Grub, etc. Buyer would finalize design along with wood used and color of inset carving. I'll post some actual pictures of mine when I get them done.

A set won't be cheap but heck none of us are cheap if we're into kamados. LOL I'm still putting things together but I think that a set will run right around $150 + actual shipping. Oh and because I can, I would kick KamadoGuru at least $5 for every set sold. I'm swamped right now with other things but may have time to start doing things the end of August. Just PM me if it is something you might be interested in.

Here is a computer generated image of what a set could look like:

Zvj8TBi.png

B7GwAmm.png

Edited by EZ smoke

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, Herman Munster said:

That's a little steep for shevles . Herman 

I have no problem with that opinion and based on the response other folks must agree. It's not a situation where I need to design, make and sell them. A set of standard shelves cost anywhere $50-$150 depending on the manufacturer. It is what it is... 

On 9/27/2020 at 11:53 AM, EZ smoke said:

I have no problem with that opinion and based on the response other folks must agree. It's not a situation where I need to design, make and sell them. A set of standard shelves cost anywhere $50-$150 depending on the manufacturer. It is what it is... 

Ya you are right it's just my opinion.  I apologize I forget people these days don't know how to do anything for themselves and just buy everything . :P Herman 

On 10/4/2020 at 12:35 PM, Herman Munster said:

Ya you are right it's just my opinion.  I apologize I forget people these days don't know how to do anything for themselves and just buy everything . :P Herman 

True. With that being said, with what is offered here most folks couldn't make because they don't have the equipment to make a custom carved side shelf with a CNC router. These would be 100% customized to meet the buyers requests... that type of custom work takes design time.

Folks could make a set of plain plywood shelves with a jig saw/band saw, etc for a few bucks. Heck, in my shop, I could knock out generic side shelves (w/o customization) at a very fast rate. I would either cut them on the CNC or by hand using CNC cut templates. Without the customization, I could sell them for under $50/set and still make a decent profit. Again, that wasn't what was offered here. HTH

Edited by EZ smoke