keeperovdeflame

FREE STONE PEACHES are here

Ok Boys and Girls, consider this a public service announcement from Uncle Keeper. Free Stone Peache hit  my local Fry's market today. Made grilled peaches with French Vanilla ice cream tonight. Not much to say other than, I wait for this time each year. If I ever become President, I'll make it a national holiday. 

Cut the peach in half, pop the pit out, slather it with olive oil and put it on a hot grill. 

IMG_1439.thumb.jpeg.96f401e7c2cb6bfc88f39730e0ac8d95.jpeg

Watch emwhile they are on the grill you want to mark them well, remember they are loaded with natural sugars so they can burn easily.

IMG_1440.thumb.jpeg.7642eba8d26e44eb38c0d6f422df7a48.jpeg

When you get it marked nice, let it sit skin side down until you can see bubbles it the pit, sure sign it is done, soft, and moist.

IMG_1441.thumb.jpeg.b8f143cb446e2e227a24c381e316d279.jpeg

Add some good ice cream, a mint leaf, and a squeeze of balsamic glaze. These peaches are only here for a short season. They come and then sadly, they go. Get out there and get some folks. Best desert on the planet, if you ask me. 

Looks delicious. I had some Freestone peaches on my last camping trip - yummy. 

About a month ago I was able to snag the last 2 bags of Ranier cherries in the store. They have an even shorter season lasting only 2 or 3 weeks. 

8 hours ago, ckreef said:

Looks delicious. I had some Freestone peaches on my last camping trip - yummy. 

About a month ago I was able to snag the last 2 bags of Ranier cherries in the store. They have an even shorter season lasting only 2 or 3 weeks. 

My wife and I have been picking up Rainer cherries every chance we get. I tried them simmered in a pan on the grill with Granny Smith apples, for a sauce for pork chops.  Just started with oil in the pan and sautéed together the natural juices, came out very very good. 

1 hour ago, len440 said:

I think grilled peaches are the only way i have not had them maybe tomorrow after the ribeye steak. Best fruit in the world

Len, its the only way to fly in the summer. Just like the photo above, its worth doing everytime you fire up the grill

Agree with y'all. This country girl from the Peach State, grew up on Peaches my whole life. Was always my favorite, even when we would get them by the bushels and have to pit and clean and put in freezer for a year round of Peach heaven. Hated all the work as a kid but when my Mother served up Peaches for dessert. I was happy to have them. Great memories. Thanks for sharing your Peach cook @keeperovdeflameOne way I haven't tried.

I remember my forced labor with my mom doing the same Frozen peaches and peach preserves peach cobbles peach pie chopped peaches for on ice cream, but in the middle of winter......