Soo at the beginning of covid quarantine my dad bought very high end steaks/meats. And we stuff them in the freezer since a lot of it was prepping for the worst would any know how to thaw these steaks (is it even worth cooking?) or better using them on a dish 

thanks 

6 hours ago, Danny W said:

Soo at the beginning of covid quarantine my dad bought very high end steaks/meats. And we stuff them in the freezer since a lot of it was prepping for the worst would any know how to thaw these steaks (is it even worth cooking?) or better using them on a dish 

thanks 

I buy prime rib 15-20 pounds at a time when they go on sale and cut my own ribeyes - so all of my steak is always previously frozen.  Day before you want to eat them just thaw them in the fridge sitting on a rack over a plate or small sheet pan so the water can drip/dry off.  4 hours before you plan to cook salt heavily both sides and put them back, then take out half hour before you cook to warm up a bit.  You will not know the diff. between fresh and frozen.

I've thawed them a day or 2 in the fridge i've also placed in zip bag and placed in sink filled with water if i need them that day, keep checking and when thawed remove and place in fridge till ready to cook. I pull out of fridge when i start the Joe